Citreon C3 2015 1.2 puretech as a first car ?

Soldato
OP
Well only you can tell us what you would and would not be ashamed driving around in really. Fiestas, Polos, Ibizas, and the equivalent from the likes of Mazda and Honda are all worth a look and with a 5k budget you'll get something decent, there's plenty of choice out there and the less-common options (like the Mazda2) will often come better specced than the more common stuff.

Personally I'd be looking at a Focus/Astra/Leon/Mazda3 or equivalent, you'll pay more for insurance for the first couple of years but you'll get more car for your money and be more inclined to keep it for longer. I had a 1.6 Astra as my first car and kept it for five years.

I did consider a Leon (its my name after-all) but they seems to be abit out of budget for the examples that are good with good mileage. Was a few months ago though.

Soldato
OP
1k insurance for a first car is nothing.

I paid 2600 for my first car in london.

would've been happy to find anything for under 2k, never mind 1k :)

I had budgeted £1200-1300. It does help I turned 34 at weekend and live in quiet area north of oxford + have a garage.

Insurance "tips" is something else ill be asking about I've been basing my fake quotes (fake name, 1 flat along) as Test Engineer in manufacturing, while I do work for a manufacturing company I work for the digital team as a tester/automation tester etc.

Soldato
I had budgeted £1200-1300. It does help I turned 34 at weekend and live in quiet area north of oxford + have a garage.

Insurance "tips" is something else ill be asking about I've been basing my fake quotes (fake name, 1 flat along) as Test Engineer in manufacturing, while I do work for a manufacturing company I work for the digital team as a tester/automation tester etc.

garage often increases the price, usually parking on driveway or street is cheaper - don't know why but heyoh.

Sol

Sol

Associate
I had/have a Mazda 2 Sport and it's a pretty decent first car to be honest - no reliability issues, reasonably nippy around town, decent enough at higher speeds other than the fact it only has 5 gears. Suspension is a bit stiff but that's about my only real issue. Has a whopping 101 BHP but it is also extremely light. My insurance at 35 was £600 or so the first year, £390 the second year and this year it's around £250. Car cost me £4500 at the time. You could probably also get a cheap enough Civic.

Soldato
If you've had a provisional licence for a number of years before passing, try Aviva. I learnt to drive at 29, got my first car at 33 and paid a bit over £400 for my first years insurance through Aviva.

Associate
The Mrs recently got insurance on her first car, a 2009 1.4 Fiesta Titanium. £2.4k for the car and £850 insurance. We live in Manchester, so not exactly a cheap area for insurance.

It's perfectly doable. Reliable car too so far, only issue was she hit a pothole too hard and blew out the tyre :rolleyes:

Soldato
I had a Mazda 2 1.5 Skyactiv as a courtesy car whilst my MX-5 was getting worked on and was pleasantly surprised. Averaged 66mpg on an A road route, was reasonably nippy and felt well put together. Miles ahead of a fiesta from the previous gen (my only real comparison). Not sure if they would be in budget though.

The week after I had a 500x courtesy car, which averaged 32mpg on the same route, and was dire to drive...

Can't type for toffee
Don

So you support them using a computer? Id be saying IT Tech/IT support
As for the the garage I found that actually put my quotes up, say it's parked on the public highway/street overnight secure carpark during the day (at work)
The explanation I was given was that parking your car inside a garage makes it more targetted as its more desirable ( :confused: wtf)

My First insurance was 1600 for a 1.9 diseasel Focus

As many above have said have a look at the Jap options, Mazda 2/3 as well (the 3 insurance might suprise you)
Alternatively why spend thousands on the car, yer likely gonna trash it anyway, grab a slightly older Corsa/Astra in black or silver ten a penny, parts are dirt cheap, running costs next to nowt and the commonly use the cheapest size tyres.

Then once you've got your first years NCB look at somehting a bit newer and nicer :)

Soldato
OP
So you support them using a computer? Id be saying IT Tech/IT support
As for the the garage I found that actually put my quotes up, say it's parked on the public highway/street overnight secure carpark during the day (at work)
The explanation I was given was that parking your car inside a garage makes it more targetted as its more desirable ( :confused: wtf)

My First insurance was 1600 for a 1.9 diseasel Focus

As many above have said have a look at the Jap options, Mazda 2/3 as well (the 3 insurance might suprise you)
Alternatively why spend thousands on the car, yer likely gonna trash it anyway, grab a slightly older Corsa/Astra in black or silver ten a penny, parts are dirt cheap, running costs next to nowt and the commonly use the cheapest size tyres.

Then once you've got your first years NCB look at something a bit newer and nicer :)

Thanks, I'm automation tester, kinda of manager without a team if that makes sence (Java, Selenium, Gherkin, serenity etc) for a global manufacturing company. So do i put my self as a test, a programmer, in IT or in manufacturing etc.

I was drivin in a work mates Mazda 3 it was quite nice but not looked at the price of them yet/

Soldato
As for the car. MIL has one and it is absolutely awful. Vague steering, uncomfortable ride and gutless engine.

I borrowed it for 4 days whilst and I hated it. Getting it going was the worst part. Practically no torque in the damn thing. My right foot was welded to the floor to get out of most junctions. Thankfully didn't need to go on any roads above a 40 limit.
I went through £45 of fuel in those 4 days. Normally that lasts me almost 2 weeks in my car, which is a 2.2 (turbo-diesel) with twice as much BHP and three times the torque.

Back
Top Bottom