City Fibre

Associate
For any one that has had issues was they resolved or still on going?

A see a lot of negative reviews at other places about the Vodafone on CityFibre network which is for some people the only ISP offering service (ofcom should never have allowed this)

I'm tempted by the deal prices but all the negatives reviews very off putting and the issues end up being big ones with Vodafone customer services appearing useless (dealing with VM I thought was bad this sounds worse)
Vodafone are useless the only reason my issues were sorted was I contacted kelly engineers direct who kindly sent out an engineer to refit a new fibre line and outside box as it fried. Yet according to cityfibre and Vodafone it was all fine and I was receiving Internet.

Then I had the issue of my upload speeds seemingly capped by my router the download was fine at around 940 but upload was always 140. Vodafone again saying the the router etc was fine and that the upload speeds were "good" enough which granted they are but when advertised as a symmetrical line I kind of wanted that anyway after 6 weeks I bit the bullet bought my own router and shock horror the upload speeds went to what they should be so if you can avoid Vodafone at all costs in my opinion

Associate
Vodafone have exclusivity for a limited time. 12 months IIRC. Given that they pay for the installation, this is only fair.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/newscent...ward-full-fibre-broadband-roll-out-in-the-uk/

2 years in my area. (This has been confirmed by CityFibre & Vodafone)

How is that fair it's anti consumer and would never be allowed to happen on Open Reach network meaning the rules should be set for every one equal.

Based of the reviews and da1eb7150 details above I think I will pass wait out the 2 years which is annoying.

Associate
Because Vodafone paid for it. Do you expect them to cable you up for free? It's just like anything from patents to timed exclusives on consoles.

Vodafone do not pay for all the line installs not sure why people think this is the case CityFibre does and has a contract with Vodafone who contributes.

Two years exclusive is not acceptable this goes again ofcom own system which is suppose to allow competition and you can't as said before expect one rule set for one and not for others.

Open Reach pay for all lines and have to share they have no choice.

Soldato
2 years in my area. (This has been confirmed by CityFibre & Vodafone)

How is that fair it's anti consumer and would never be allowed to happen on Open Reach network meaning the rules should be set for every one equal.

Based of the reviews and da1eb7150 details above I think I will pass wait out the 2 years which is annoying.
Cityfibre aren't openreach though.

Vodafone were a nightmare trying to organise the initial install date but since then have been fine. They messed up my referal bonus so just gave me the money off my bill instead.

Actual internet is fine, 940mbit both ways every time I check it. Router and wireless extender are a bit rubbish though.

Associate
Vodafone do not pay for all the line installs not sure why people think this is the case CityFibre does and has a contract with Vodafone who contributes.

Two years exclusive is not acceptable this goes again ofcom own system which is suppose to allow competition and you can't as said before expect one rule set for one and not for others.

Open Reach pay for all lines and have to share they have no choice.
There is no exclusivity deal anymore when it went live in my area there was 4 providers offering the same packages although all with a slower upload speed than Vodafone and also price came into it too. I'm not paying 65£+ with Zen etc when the same package was 29quid with Vodafone

Man of Honour
There is no exclusivity deal anymore when it went live in my area there was 4 providers offering the same packages although all with a slower upload speed than Vodafone and also price came into it too. I'm not paying 65£+ with Zen etc when the same package was 29quid with Vodafone
Zen don't charge £65 for CityFibre, or even Openreach. Sometimes the wrong uploads are advertised in a newly released CityFibre area.

Associate
vodafone sent leaflet in the post, 900 meg is back at 30 quid now.

I have been receiving these and ones from CityFibre who are even offering an extra £50 if I sign up before a set date on top also got Vodafone offer £38 for top package with AppleTV and unlimited landline calls (still have family that use landline its very important)

The problem is while the price looks good is it so good because they are cutting corners and it comes down to being locked down for 24 months with a company who looks to have terrible customer service and do not resolve issues even messing up at the beginning which may result in no service or losing a phone number family has had for 40+ years

Associate
Zen don't charge £65 for CityFibre, or even Openreach. Sometimes the wrong uploads are advertised in a newly released CityFibre area.

When I checked it was if its cheaper now then happy days but at the time it was and my neighbours have talk talk with cityfibre and they get 455 upload speed on a 900 connection which is exactly what talk talk say they will receive

Soldato
Friend of mine had some issues with voda after he upgraded from 500 to 900 but they eventually sorted it and compensated him well. I find the service good and the price is decent too at 30 quid for 900 up and down. Although it did go up after annual price hike to 32 quid

Associate
I ordered my 900/900 with Zen in January. Turns out there was a blockage in the ducting to my house. It took CityFibre 5 months to get it in and working.
Just got an email from Zen saying due to the 129 day delay. They're going to credit my account £667!

Free internet for a year :)

Associate
I ordered my 900/900 with Zen in January. Turns out there was a blockage in the ducting to my house. It took CityFibre 5 months to get it in and working.
Just got an email from Zen saying due to the 129 day delay. They're going to credit my account £667!

Free internet for a year :)

Sounds like a fair amount but I bet your time was worth a lot more.

Caporegime
It depends, if the only time involved was sitting around waiting and occasionally getting an email with a status update then you'd come out way ahead.

Associate
It depends, if the only time involved was sitting around waiting and occasionally getting an email with a status update then you'd come out way ahead.

But they would have been without any internet service forcing them to sign up with someone or continue paying who they was with before.

I see it as issues should be resolved quicker and companies get hit a lot harder if they dont 129 days is a long time.

Caporegime
If you're moving from another provider then you don't cancel until the new service is in. If there's a delay that means you have to pay out-of-contract rates then the compensation more than covers that.

£667 credit on a retail broadband account is a lot of money and pretty much guarantees that that connection won't turn a profit over the initial contract period. If you made them even more punitive you'd either get ISPs not signing up (it's voluntary), or quoting six month install times.

Back
Top Bottom