Civilization VI ipad

Associate
Surprised to see Civilization VI recently released on the iPad. Apparently very close port of the Pc version.
Can try for free, but will be £60 to buy later :eek:.
On offer for ‘only’ £30 until Jan 4.

Has anyone tried this already, and would you recommend compared to the pc version?

Soldato
Got the demo version as I wanted to at least see how the performance was like. It ran perfectly, however I do wonder how it will run in the late game...

I can't see me paying £60.00 for it though...

Also wish it was Civ V instead :p

Associate
I bought it, better deal here in Canada...

Game runs really well, some clicks are difficult at times. Bombarding a unit from a city can be tricky as the click area seems pretty small. Sometimes it can be difficult to get some touches...

Overall, for me, well worth the discounted price!

Soldato
Reinstalled it as I heard of a price cut, saw it’s still £29 and at least double than what I’ll ever pay for an iOS game, :(

If yo don’t mind the price it’s looks really good from the 60 turns I played.

Permabanned
Surprised to see Civilization VI recently released on the iPad

Surprised? I'll just leave this here ;)

I never said that it can't be, I'm saying it won't be. And why would it? The focal point is the goofy artwork and how vibrant the colours are, not how they've enhanced the gameplay.

And it is simple. Not exactly an intimidating look is it? With its pointless day/night cycles, and insta-build disappearing workers because, and I quote, "people didn't like how long it takes workers to build improvements". I personally loved watching my workers transform the landscape over the eras.

But what they're really saying is "we want to streamline our game as much as possible so we can port it onto tablets/phones and reach out to the masses". Made more obvious by the aforementioned pretty day/night cycles, and the horrible FOW clearly designed to reduce system load.

Back
Top Bottom