Clarity Credit Card

Soldato
OP
Max ATM cash withdrawal every day? That's a lot kd drugs to be purchasing!

Bring worried about using a card but happy to carry large wads of cash seems illogical. Especially considering a credit card is prortected and also with contactless you don't even need to type in a pin.

You don't carry the cash around the while time you take maybe £100 each day out.
Card worries are more it not working, then your stuck with zero money.

Plus drawing max out at the ATM because there might be a fee to use the ATM.
Though I don't think there will be looking on Google maps there is a HSBC Bank there so should be free and safe.

Soldato
OP
Looks like the card isn't as good as taking cash.

Card 100lira=£14.20
Exchange over there today 100lira= £14.08

Not sure what to do now.

Soldato
You don't carry the cash around the while time you take maybe £100 each day out.
Card worries are more it not working, then your stuck with zero money.

Plus drawing max out at the ATM because there might be a fee to use the ATM.
Though I don't think there will be looking on Google maps there is a HSBC Bank there so should be free and safe.

Well it makes sense to take some cash for sure but if you inform the bank of you travels then why wouldn’t it work? If it doesn’t work then all you need to do is call the bank. Do you only use cash in the UK?

Soldato
OP
Have you got an up-to-date rate on the card?
That's the same rate you quoted yesterday and things have changed quite a bit today:
bXsETXk.png
It's what the Mastercard website tells me. I have noticed it's a day behind though, I will have to see tomorrow if it beats the 7.1 of the exchange today.

Soldato
Cashwithdrawls if you need to will be charged immediately at the APR...pretty sure mines works out at around 1.44% or something like that.

Usually however the exchange rate offered plus the % of APR works out better than the best rate I can get before I go anyway. My tip would be to withdraw the largest amount you can/require especially if the ATM's abroad will be charging their own fees.

Other than that use it for everything else, always select the local currency, pay it off when back.

Soldato
Yeah. Choosing the local currency is the thing to be careful of.

I made a bit of a balls up last week. In the past I’ve always withdrawn cash using my clarity and paid it off straight away. However this time I’m waiting on some money coming in ready for the next statement date.

Problem is the cash incurs interest daily and I’m not debating pulling cash from elsewhere to cover it.

Really should’ve paid using card and just used minimal cash when needed. Need to remember that for future.

Permabanned
Yeah. Choosing the local currency is the thing to be careful of.

I made a bit of a balls up last week. In the past I’ve always withdrawn cash using my clarity and paid it off straight away. However this time I’m waiting on some money coming in ready for the next statement date.

Problem is the cash incurs interest daily and I’m not debating pulling cash from elsewhere to cover it.

Really should’ve paid using card and just used minimal cash when needed. Need to remember that for future.

It’s pence, it’s not even worth worrying about.

Man of Honour
I use it for everything in local currency and pay it off as soon as I get back.

As do I, best card I’ve ever had for use abroad, I used to use a Santander Debit Card, but the exchange rate they used was marginally worse than Halifax, sure, it was only nickels and dimes, but I figured that it was better when the nickels and dimes were in my favour, than in Santander’s.

Back
Top Bottom