Classic Car Owners

NVP

NVP

Soldato
As if that's a 42 year old engine bay! Nice one man :)

Haha wow, my v10 m5 was loud enough stock on a cold morning! That's madness :D

Man of Honour
56883510-10161635825325162-531302521260474368-o.jpg

Currently off the road because I removed the steering rack to replace it, and broke my hand in the meantime - I don't have the strength and dexterity to refit it properly right now.

Soldato
You gotta love a bloppy, lumpy yank V8 :) that looks very similar to the 302 (5.0) V8 in my Mustang above. Given the age it's probably the same. I assume yours is pre-smog pump?

Yes, it's the 302. Pretty sure it's pre-smog, but even smog era engines get modified to pre-smog as soon as they get exported over here as we don't have any form of emission check in my state.

Man of Honour
A VR6 Corrado is must definitely a future classic. It's already a classic IMO!
They have been saying that for years and it hasn't really happened yet :D But they are now creeping up. The attention I get in it is unreal for such an average car. It's certainty worth more than I paid for it. Very few left now. I've had some great times in it, including a photo shoot on the Brooklands racing track bank (something only possible as part of a car club because the track is part of the museum).

Agreed! Cool cars – and the noise!
It has been SORN in my garage for almost a year. It's only about £120 for insurance on a classic policy now so I'll probably get it back on the road in spring. It sounds lovely above 4k revs. It's incredibly small compared to modern cars too.

Associate
Ive got a couple.

1972 Alfa Romeo GT Juinor 1600. Its a former historic rally car and fairly modern given how ancient it is. 4 pot, 130bhp, 900kg weight, 5 speed box with synchros and 4 wheel disc brakes. Absolute hoot to drive.
vRAHRgX.png

1994 Land Rover Defender 90 V8 Soft top. Extensively modified and refurbished. Everything galvanised, replaced or refurb'd. (pre-some of the work.)
txM5OWi.jpg
Currently fitting a 4.6 V8 with stage 3 mods onto a 5 speed manual and megasquirt ECU.
x09ui2j.jpg

Caporegime
Haha I think its the gate/door throwing perspective :)

What engine? How does the engine look?

@Acme - legit bbs?

Those are the genuine BMW 15" BBS RZ in that picture yes.

But it has had various wheels. 14" stock bottletop alloys, the the BBS RZ, Melber basketweaves, Watanabe style wheels, more stock bottletops, and now staggered SSR Mesh replicas which are temporary until my BBS Mahle are finished. :)

@mikeh501 what do you mean by "stage 3 mods"? It is a meaningless metric, especially outside of turbo VAG circles. Please talk English. :p

Last edited:
Associate
Those are the genuine BMW 15" BBS RZ in that picture yes.

But it has had various wheels. 14" stock bottletop alloys, the the BBS RZ, Melber basketweaves, Watanabe style wheels, more stock bottletops, and now staggered SSR Mesh replicas which are temporary until my BBS Mahle are finished. :)

@mikeh501 what do you mean by "stage 3 mods"? It is a meaningless metric, especially outside of turbo VAG circles. Please talk English. :p

Keep your hair on lol. Its a fully rebuilt engine with the following:-
Carbon intake plenum
Top hat lined block
Hi lift cam
'stage 3' heads, inc larger valves, porting to inlet and exhaust, bulleted valve guides, neoprene stems etc.

In land rover circles its a hot rod, which tbh doesnt mean too much lol. Its probably about 300bhp with a load of torque.

Caporegime
Awesome. :D

Sorry the "stage" thing always gets my goat. People saying their car is "stage 4.25"... Yes but what does it mean! Usually spouted by people who don't know anything, which clearly isnt you! Or as a way to categorise off-the-shelf remaps.

Soldato
Awesome. :D

Sorry the "stage" thing always gets my goat. People saying their car is "stage 4.25"... Yes but what does it mean! Usually spouted by people who don't know anything, which clearly isnt you! Or as a way to categorise off-the-shelf remaps.

Stages in classic cars is perfectly acceptable. In the mini scene, stages 1 to 3 are clearly defined and understood.

Caporegime
Stages in classic cars is perfectly acceptable. In the mini scene, stages 1 to 3 are clearly defined and understood.

They mean totally different things depending on what car / community / engine / thing is being referred to. What happened to people just saying what things are. Why cant you say its got a ported head, a bigger throttle body, and a tubey manifold. Or its got a bigger intercooler, a panel filter, an exhaust and a tune.

By all means use the term in the little communities where they have an accepted meaning, but outside of that you get people like me getting angry and confused. :D

"Stage 3 mate" is such a MK7 Fiesta ST illegal McDonalds car-park meet thing to say. ;)

Associate
Describing using stages is perfectly acceptable within the circles, why detail everything you did for stage one on a mini to a fellow mini owner who would know what it entailed anyway?

If you don't like it, that's on you.
However, I agree with the GTR scene and their stage 3.1415 is a bit much

Caporegime
Within your own individual enthusiast communities, where they have a specific meaning, sure.

But in one community "stage x" means something totally different to in another community.

Soldato
No, because if I own a mini etc and buy a stage 1, I'll know exactly what I'm getting. It's all relative.

I do agree with the daft 4.314 type ones though.

Back
Top Bottom