Classic 'desktop' case with room for large GFX card?

TJM

TJM

Associate
I am considering ditching my large tower case in favour of something that could fit into my home theatre cabinet.

The maximum dimensions would be a depth of about 45cm, width of about 50cm and a max height of 19cm. All air movement would have to be through the front and back, not the sides.

The snags are that all of my components are ATX and I have the stupidly large Zotac 1070 Amp Extreme. The 1070 is definitely staying but I might change the other components later this year, so non ATX is an option. Either way, I think a case with one of those PCI-E link things for the GFX card (like the Node 202) is probably a must as the 1070 is 15cm high by itself.

Any ideas?

TJM

TJM

Associate
OP
It looks like it can only take a card up to 28cm long. The Zotac 1070 is about 32.5cm.

I think the Silverstone GD07 or GD08 is probably the best I can do, which aren't bad looking but a bit pricey for what they are. Edit: Actually, various user reviews suggest the build quality is garbage.

Last edited:
Associate
Using a Silverstone GD09 with an EVGA 1070 inside, think that max is 30cm in length. Build quality is excellent and it was a steal at £50 delivered. My specs inside this case are: MSI Tomahawk mobo, 16gb DDR4, 1x SSD, 1xWD Black, EVGA 1070, Corsair PSU and 6600K @ 4.2 being cooled by a lagre air cooler that OcUK no longer sell for some reason. 3x120mm fans on sides, all hot air gets blown out the back. Never missed a beat. Prior to the above it housed a 2500k, 970GTX etc....

Cooler is a Shadowrock Topflow

Back
Top Bottom