Classic games you never played

Soldato
Had a bit of a blast from the past.

An engineer left a youtube video running on a machine today to test out a repair and I was suprised to see that it was a playthrough guide for Grim Fandango

grimfandango.jpg

I sadly missed out this back in the day, I had the demo, but my machine couldn't handle and despite all the rave reviews, I simple chalked it up as just another adventure game. :(

Soldato
From the top of my head games from the 90's I never played but really wanted too.

System Shock
Final Fantasy VI
Planescape: Torment
Another World a.k.a. Out Of This World
Tie Fighter
Alone on the Dark
Super Smash Bros
Thief: the Dark Project
Alien Trilogy
Chrono Trigger

Theres prolly a lot more I cant think of right now.

Soldato
Well here's a quick bunch of (apparently) stone cold classics I've not touched. It is merely the tip of the iceberg though. :o

Half Life 2 - The demo gave me major FOV sickness and that was enough for me.

Deus Ex

System Shock 1&2

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

I have never played Planescape Torment.....which is surprising, as I have played pretty much every similar D+D game.

Same. It's supposed to rival Baldur's Gate 2, but I don't believe it. ;)

Caporegime
Vampire Bloodlines - fired it up once, but need to mod it as I thought it looked bad.

System Shock 1

Planescape Torment

Bound to be many others...

Soldato
I didn't get around to play Grim Fandango until 5 years ago. I would say it holds up really well for such an old game, and is easily one of the best adventure games I've played. I would recommend it to anyone.

For me the classic games I have never played are:

• Hexen - really wanted to play it but I got into other games at the time.
  • C&C: Tiberian Sun - I played C&C and Red Alert 1 and 2 but missed out on this.
  • Tomb Raider 3 - I didn't bother with this one for some reason. I think I just got bored of the games after 1 and 2. Novelty wore off.
  • GTA 3 - Shocking but true. I played every GTA game except the third.
  • Halo - Back when Halo was made for both the PC and Xbox. I played the demo and enjoyed it, but never decided to buy the game.
  • Myst - I played Riven, but I didn't get round to playing Myst for some reason.
  • Baldurs Gate 1 - Only played the sequel.
  • Oblivion - Not sure if this is really a 'classic' as some people have mixed feelings on this. I've always wanted to play it but never did. Then Skyrim came out and I decided to skip the idea and play that instead.

There's probably tons more.

Soldato
Ah, yeah, Grim Fandango for me too. Picked up a copy from a bargain bin long after its release and it wouldn't install. Probably was on XP, but I just couldn't get it to run at the time.

Also missed and have never played Thief 1 and 2, System Shock 1 and BG1. Have played the sequels to all those, but never the earlier ones.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
1. Sam and Max hit the road.
2. Theme hospital
3. Thief - played none of them.

There are bound to be a lot more.

Associate
Planescape Torment
Diablo Series
Grim Fandango
Sam and Max
FFX
Crysis
Shenmue
Parasite Eve
WoW
Ecco the Dolphin
Ultima series
That Star Wars one ...KOTR ?
Zork series
Redneck Rampage
Dungeon Siege
Starcraft
Day of the Tentacle
Planetside
The Longest Journey
Stalker
Tribes
Hitman series
UFO enemy unknown
Team Fortress

Man of Honour
Going to try and name genuine PC classics and to keep it interesting I think you should only be allowed to name games during your time as a PC gamer i.e. not just naming really old games from before your time.

Baldur's Gate
Starcraft
Dungeon Keeper
Myst
WoW
Counterstrike

Back
Top Bottom