Cleaning impact adhesive from car door

Soldato
My wife has a mk 3 focus and it seems quite common that whatever adhesive is used for the door seals is ****. I've tried rebinding it with impact adhesive after a tip I found on the internet which has worked but I didn't clean it up very well and now looks a bit of a mess. So what's the best way to clean it without destroying the paintwork?

Soldato
The AG stuff is specifically designed for getting tar off bodywork, so I presume its pretty safe. As long as you aren't submerging a panel in it for hours or something.

Soldato
OP
The AG stuff is specifically designed for getting tar off bodywork, so I presume its pretty safe. As long as you aren't submerging a panel in it for hours or something.
TBF my comment was more the white spirit, although with the tar remover stuff I'm sure it says to to leave on too long. I'll give it a go this weekend and see what happens. Cheers guys.

Caporegime
TBF my comment was more the white spirit, although with the tar remover stuff I'm sure it says to to leave on too long. I'll give it a go this weekend and see what happens. Cheers guys.
Certainly with the autobrite equivalent (Just the Tonic), it CAN affect paintwork, but it tends to only affect touchup/aerosol paint, not factory applied stuff.

Soldato
My wife has a mk 3 focus and it seems quite common that whatever adhesive is used for the door seals is

it's not a bitumous/resealable adhesive like I've had on bmw's door/weather seals, where a heat gun and wooden/plastic scraper work, and, final cleanup with alcohol;

impact adhesive is pretty non-reversible though.

Back
Top Bottom