1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Climategate!

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by NeilFawcett, Nov 25, 2009.

1. clv101

Sgarrista

For sure - doing a couple of amazing things in one's life is no guarantee of not being a nutter. Your question wasn't about whether or not he's a nutter, it was "Why did people ever listen to him?". Have you read any of the Gaia books? I'd certainly recommend the first one, it's very well written, fascinating, original and short!

2. cosmogenesis

Mobster

Dont rememeber using James Lovelock as a climate science advocate - he overplayed his hand in terms of understanding the science.

3. Castiel

Capo Crimine

:eek:

:D

4. cosmogenesis

Mobster

not that shocking really as he is a maverick scientist - lol - and 90 years old so why bother caring.

5. Castiel

Capo Crimine

I was really just implying the irony of your comment rather than Prof Lovelock's credentials.

6. cosmogenesis

Mobster

Probably explains a lof of your bogus comments ;)

7. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Irony seems to be your forte I see.......

8. cosmogenesis

Mobster

doubly so I see

9. HeadlessChicken

Wise Guy

If you enjoyed that then I can highly recommend a book by Tim Lenton and Andy Watson, "Revolutions that made the Earth". Both worked with Lovelock, and Tim is a big Gaia fiend, but really pushing it forward with up to date data, theories and research. Watson is much more old school and thinks Earth is just a fluke. The book covers the critical steps for Earth to have life, and touches on many interesting subjects.

I was on the first (and last as it happened, Tim has moved Unis) year of their course "Earth & Life". Was amazing.