Clio 172 owners

Associate
OP
It's a fairly high performance car. 31 would be equivalent to old group 15/16; my old Astra GTE was group 15 and the Clio is definitely quicker than that. FWIW I was considering getting a 172 recently, and it was cheaper than my group 16 Fiat to insure.

It really isn't a "fairly high performance" anything.

I am sure the insurance grouping of this car comes from a) it's ease of theft b)it's attractiveness to thieves and c) it's general stereotypical owners.

I also suspect that having looked to buy one, most are ooop north and this possibly adds to the insurance issues (although is that worse than London?)

The RS4 goes next Thursday, I'm in Spain for a week from the Friday and then i will need a car. I might have to look elsewhere but it took me long enough to settle (begrudgingly) on the clio...

I did think about going back to an ibiza cupra but I worry they have the same problem now considering these can be had for similar money.

Nor

Nor

Associate
My ZS 180 is cheap to insure, think it's because it's a Rover and no self respecting ned really wants to steal one of those :)

Good luck with the 172, shame about getting rid of the RS4, what a car.

Soldato
It really isn't a "fairly high performance" anything.

:confused: Yes it is. It's a 2.0 liter hot hatch that will do 0-60 in around 7 seconds with a top speed of almost 140mph. It's obviously not in M3/Evo/911 territory, but it's significantly quicker than most cars on the road and it is a fairly high performance car.

Back
Top Bottom