• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Close one now (Games) 5950x vs 10900K.

Caporegime
Don't get it. Why not oc the ryzen as well and have it on the same custom wc loop, be a little more meaningful....
Would be nice to see the Ryzen running with tuned memory/IF too, and with PBO/Curve Optimizer configured. If you're gonna overclock and tune one system, you should do it to the other as well. :)

Associate
OP
so when you enable XMP/PBO the amd is auto overclocking also. it will boost light load and single threaded cores right up near 5ghz.

Soldato
true, but normally you find the silicon is better with the top tier stuff, 3090 is much better then 3080 say as to 10900k vs 10700k's.
but that's another whole XOC path ;)
Unless you're gaming at 1080p that extra 100mhz probably won't translate into any extra fps though.

Caporegime
Associate
OP
you know the 5950X performance is better left in auto mode aka Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO)...

technically loading xmp profile is also an overclock.

Caporegime
you know the 5950X performance is better left in auto mode aka Precision Boost Overdrive (PBO)...

technically loading xmp profile is also an overclock.
Have you used a 5950x before? I can only assume not based on your post.

I’m taking about overclocking the CPU, not the memory, like what was done with the Intel System.

Associate
OP
Have you used a 5950x before? I can only assume not based on your post.

I’m taking about overclocking the CPU, not the memory, like what was done with the Intel System.

in light loads and games auto is reported as better?
last thing you want to do is lock in an all core overclock I guess as the frequency will be lower.
well that's the quick and dirty way unless you have some DOC mode on a crosshair dark, or you know another more technical way?

FCLK will overclock when setting XMP and that's a major part of the cpu.

and no I cant seem to buy one yet... maybe soon

Caporegime
in light loads and games auto is reported as better?
last thing you want to do is lock in an all core overclock I guess as the frequency will be lower.
well that's the quick and dirty way unless you have some DOC mode on a crosshair dark, or you know another more technical way?

FCLK will overclock when setting XMP and that's a major part of the cpu.

and no I cant seem to buy one yet... maybe soon
PBO and curve optimiser now make it possible to over clock the CPU to increase single thread and or multi thread performance. It’s the best thing about 3rd gen Ryzen CPU over clocking vs previous gens.

Associate
I think for joe blogs who dosnt want to mess around with different voltages and curve's ect most likely the intel is the better buy. might not be for all out performance but its not far behind if not equal in games. its no where near in encoding or cinematic work.
but as plug and play its easy to set up an intel for sure. I am quite surprised who a lot of Motherboards just havnt got to grips with the 5000 series ryzen's yet. lots of beta bios around.

Associate
OP
I think for joe blogs who dosnt want to mess around with different voltages and curve's ect most likely the intel is the better buy. might not be for all out performance but its not far behind if not equal in games. its no where near in encoding or cinematic work.
but as plug and play its easy to set up an intel for sure. I am quite surprised who a lot of Motherboards just havnt got to grips with the 5000 series ryzen's yet. lots of beta bios around.

see I would say outa the box performance AMD have it in the bag, PBO and XMC done.
ram doesn't even need to be that high spec any 3600 cl16 will do.
spend the time playing games or picking a gpu.

Back
Top Bottom