1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closed loop water cooling help

Discussion in 'Watercooling' started by Robin Gregg, 15 Sep 2021.

1. Robin Gregg

Gangster

Hi Guys,

I was just wandering if someone could give me some pointers on closed loop water cooling please?

I've got my eyes on the Corsair H100, H110 or H150 and I'm not sure which I'd benefit from, also if i should top mount or front mount? and add more case fans. Apologies for all the questions

I'll be looking to OC my CPU on my next build when I get a Z mobo

Current PC specs;

Intel I5 7600k 100% load on all 4 cores @4.9GHZ- current temps 50-55 degrees
    Geforce 2070 Super gaming X - current temps 66-70 degrees 60FPS 4k on COD MW
    Asus Prime Pro H270
    Corsair LPX 16gb 2400Mhz
    Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M2 NVME
    Samsung 970 Evo 1TB M2 NVME
    Fractal Meshify 2 Compact light Tempered Glass - stock fans 2x 140 front 1x 120 rear

Rob

2. oldbanana

Gangster

you would be better off spending that money on a new motherboard and cpu

3. Robin Gregg

Gangster

This is in preparation for a new mobo, cpu + Ram, the prices are a little to hyped atm and DDR5 is due for release Q4 this year with the new intel 12th gen CPU's

4. Vidar

Soldato

Honestly, AIO's don't seem worth it to me over a good air cooler. I've had several and they just didn't perform well enough to justify the cost.

Have you thought about a custom loop?

5. MikeTimbers

Sgarrista

I wouldn't bother with an AIO if you're getting mid-50s on the cpu. You're unlikely to get much better than that anyway. Save the money until you upgrade the system as you might need a different AIO then.

6. hlennie

Wise Guy

well once u upgrade to a new CPU I would not bother waste your money on those truly expensive AIO's like corsair and the like take a look at id cooling AIO's there about half as cheap the build quality pretty good but more importantly they get you the same results used plenty of these in builds for my self and other people. Just noticed they also do one for GPU's now as well.

The only trouble u will find with AIO's though is it will give u ideas of full custom which mine has now cost over a grand to get it right how I want it. mind u she does look sweet.:D

Almost forgot mount in the top with your case

7. Ross Thomson

Wise Guy

wouldn't bother with the corsair units. arctic freezer II 280 or 360mm

8. Drumroll

Wise Guy

My opnion.
    The Corsair fans aren't bad.
    The AIO looks good, but the pump is noisy. Arctic is miles better.