Cloud Backup - Black Friday deal!

Soldato
How much is it usually? Worried that at the end of the year it'll cost a fortune to renew :p

edit: I was looking into a backup plan a while back and seem to remember CrashPlan getting slated for their poor customer support?

Last edited:
Soldato
This is a good deal. I paid $50 for this 9 months ago and they are now offering it for $3.

I will likely buy it again. Means I have to re-up everything but it's a lot of protection for just $3.

Soldato
About £75. Got it for £5, just means I can use it on the missus' laptop, my laptop, desktop, and any other computer I come into possession of :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I'll pass. I get 25GB free with Dropbox, which is enough for me.

I'd consider it, but I don't want to install their client on all the machines.

Soldato
I doubt I'll use it at the moment anyway, I've got a crap connection and it would take a life time to upload anything.

Moving to London in January so I'm thinking about the long run :)

Soldato
It would take me 139 days of continuous upload to backup my main computer with the 1Mbit/s upload I have at the moment. Only useful for people with small amounts of data or very fast internet I think.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

This is why I was initially interested. I could do with "unlimited" storage, and having 25Mb upload is great.. But the hassle of changing at the end of the year isn't worth it (to me).

Soldato
This is why I was initially interested. I could do with "unlimited" storage, and having 25Mb upload is great.. But the hassle of changing at the end of the year isn't worth it (to me).

The program also allows you to backup to local drives or other computers.

My plan is to use the online storage and the local backup, and just worry about re-uploading in a years time. It's only a few days to upload again :)

Soldato
Hmmm they are ramping up the pressure to buy... "prices increase every hour"

Are they a decent company to use?

Everything encrypted so not even they can see it?

Secure etc?

Soldato
I switched to Crashplan a while back, after Mozy started stiffing all their customers.

I have about 1Tb of data on there now, with a fair rate of change. It's been completely reliable and fault free - including restoration. To give you an idea of the change rate - you can see here that I actually have an O2 16Mbps unlimited broadband dedicated to Crashplan and some work load stuff.

Personally, I'd thoroughly recommend it - and certainly at those prices.

Back
Top Bottom