CLUB3D DisplayPort™ 1.2 to HDMI™ 2.0 UHD Active Adapter [OCUK PLEASE STOCK]

Soldato
http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/pr...layport-12-to-hdmi-20-uhd-active-adapter.html

This will allow R9 Series cards to be enabled for 60hz / 60fps on UHD TV`s @4k resolutions

----

If OCUK stock this, it will sell in the bucket load, I have Searched and looked everywhere for a mini display port to hdmi 2.0 4k adapter and there like hens teeth.... tried a few out there that claimed to be 4k ready and some where, but only @30Hz 30fps, impossible to game on, we need 60hz 60fps for gaming.

P.s i want one lol

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
noted ;) i forgot there was a dedicated section ;)
posted :D

WOW ocuk where quick on the ball :)
unfortunately though they dont stock Club3D :/ though there looking for alternatives so hope is not lost yet :D

EDIT: update: no news yet guys on this, does not seem to be in production, been like this for months with these adapters, they tell you about them then they dont release them lol

Last edited:
Associate
I thought it may be useful to register here. I'm with Club 3D and in talks with OcUK to get our (m)DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 listed.

Please note that the adapters we'll offer are the first 'real' HDMI 2.0 4K60 Adapters to hit the market. They have been in the works for quite some time, development took longer than expected and numerous revisions of the chip inside the adapters have been done over the past months. So while it's correct that we expected to sell them from August, they have been delayed till the end of December. We will start shipping them on the 30th but I can't give any availability dates for resellers.

Soldato
OP
and there are some people that just wont be using it for gaming as i already have 2 dedicated gaming monitors that i use for gaming but with 60hz on the 55" 4k tv 60hz is way better than 30hz lol

Caporegime
and there are some people that just wont be using it for gaming as i already have 2 dedicated gaming monitors that i use for gaming but with 60hz on the 55" 4k tv 60hz is way better than 30hz lol

how so?

blu rays are 24fps so if your watching media content 30hz is fine. only gaming really needs 60hz and above.

Soldato
OP
how so?

blu rays are 24fps so if your watching media content 30hz is fine. only gaming really needs 60hz and above.

I cant even get 4k @30Hz with the cables i have and i would rather buy a cable that does 60hz than 30hz and have been putting it off waiting for this 60hz cable.

---- though i would rather buy a cable @60hz than 30hz. even if it was just for movies and stuff as not all stuff i view is bluray...

Associate
I cant even get 4k @30hz with the cables i have and i would rather buy a cable that does 60hz than 30hz and have been putting it off waiting for this 60hz cable.

---- though i would rather buy a cable @60hz than 30hz. even if it was just for movies and stuff as not all stuff i view is bluray...

I'm surprised, I had no problem with hdmi 4k @30 (up to 3m)
The problem I had was getting a 3m dp cable that would work 4k 60hz

Caporegime
Bump....

Will I need this for my 290 then to run 4k @60hz?

Or could I just get a cable (which I'll need to buy anyway)?

Do new GPUs such as vega 64 or 1080ti also require an adaptor?

Back
Top Bottom