Coffee fans - best stock up

Caporegime
OP
I'm not an upmarket coffee connoisseur, what's the outlook for good label instant stuff from the usual brands?

Shortages of most stuff I can adapt to toilet but take my coffee and I'll go feral

Well it's not going to vanish but either it might get expensive or the blends might have to change - taste might become more bitter if they rely more on robusta beans etc..

For example Nescafe ordinary, gold and Azera Americano use a blend of arabica and robusta beans AFAIK, it's arabica beans that are going to be scarce so I guess they could change the blend? In which case it might just taste worse! Or it could become more expensive.

Nescafe gold Alta Rica and Cap Colombia ranges use 100% arabica beans - those will probably become more expensive or perhaps just not be available.

If you have one of those stovetop espresso makers and use the ground illy beans they're to be 100% Arabica as is their instant coffee product too.

Soldato
Damn this might suck as fresh roasted coffee is not really something you can stock up either. Just going to make the coffee I do buy even more pricey. I normally buy blue mountain blend so has been pricey anyway from the local roaster. Wonder what hoffmans said about this?

Caporegime
I don't recall the last time I paid full price for a jar of instant coffee.

knock instant all you like but I'd expect the majority of coffee in the world is instant and they would be raising prices first.
maybe they just blend it with a larger quantity of lesser beans than they do already.
I didn't notice any taste changes yet

Man of Honour
Good time to give it up. Terrible stuff.

Nonsense. It has a good array of flavonoids, and as long as you don't abuse it, it is delectable and perfectly healthy (and good for you) - far better than drinking a beer. Of course as ever if you have a predisposition/condition that is aggravated by caffeine then clearly it's not sensible for you to have it.

Soldato
It's like the energy market , you should have already locked yourself into a fixed price future subscription following May21 coffee harvest woes.

other news - PRICES
There's not much you can do to hedge against this upcoming price hike if the the May stories on Brasil harvest , reiterated recently in news >$4/kg source - a subscription ?

Caporegime
Until you can evaluate a £19 Aldi coffee machine by its every single action, you've got no dog in this fight :D

And this is why I get my coffee from Pret. £20 a month, as many coffees as I can drink. Sorted.

Caporegime
OP
Until you can evaluate a £19 Aldi coffee machine by its every single action, you've got no dog in this fight :D

And this is why I get my coffee from Pret. £20 a month, as many coffees as I can drink. Sorted.

FML he's actually plotted the temperature changes. :D

He definitely looks like the kind of guy who is too into coffee!

TFW you meet your new GF's friends in the pub and that type of guy is there, you assume he's her gay BFF or something but no, he's actually straight and really into her so not happy at all with you.

Wears a man bag. Has a windows phone & surface pro.

Probably upset that Saab doesn't make cars anymore.

Soldato
Depends - instant stuff fo sure, stuff bought now can go into 2023... though instant brands can be a mixture of robusta and arabica beans.

I think the insta stuff is freeze dried, so should in theory last many-many years if kept in it's sealed packaging.

Back
Top Bottom