CoH : Tales of Valor released!

Associate
do u get anything extyra other then singleplayer stuff if u already own coh + OF because im presuming when you download the patch youll get all the maps and the new mp things and seens as they havn't added a new faction there is actually no reason to really buy this because well... do you buy coh games for the sp?

I thought it was the case with OF that if you didn't buy it you could play against the new factions, but not with the new factions. I.e. the opposition/teammates could be Panzer Elite, but you could only be Wehrmacht.

I can't see them giving the new units in TOV away for free.

Soldato
I thought it was the case with OF that if you didn't buy it you could play against the new factions, but not with the new factions. I.e. the opposition/teammates could be Panzer Elite, but you could only be Wehrmacht.

I can't see them giving the new units in TOV away for free.

True true and i just rtyed to patch my game and its telling me to now reinstall my game. Which would require downloading all those patchs again and i raelly just cant be bothered tbh. They dont make it easy to want to play when they are so rediculisly bad at patching their games. Why are they all incremential?

Caporegime
when you update COH and OF to 2.501 (post TIV patch) you get access to the maps, but NOT the new campaigns, nor do you get the 8 new units to use with the 4 factions.

Unfortunately there are some game breaking bugs going on atm , plus some nasty reverts back to 2.301 from the previous 2.400 patch, including full strength strafe run, plus other new nasties such as a PAK thats damage output increases on every shot it takes, leading to scenarios where it can 1 shot even a pershing if not killed in time.

oh yea they changd the way that VET is displayed and shifted the health bar to be above the weapon display of each unit...wish they would revert that too.

editl go to Myd douments,games, COH folder and look inside the PATCH folder, this has ALL of the patches that you have previously downloded, int he instance where you would have to uninstall the game and repatch to the latest playable version.

Soldato
cheers gd to know. Mmm is it possible to not patch my game and play it up to OF patchs with a friend? Or is there no way to get around the force patching.

Otherwize i think i might just drop coh for a while. I hate it when they feel the need to change things just for the sake of it and dont fix the previous bugs. Are there still tank trap bugs?

Caporegime
geh ghost tank traps? well they tried to fix it but i dont think they did really:/

yea aesthetic changes to appease people who paid out some cash but left over some old bugs and created many new ones to frustrate existing owners:/

and no unless you are patched to 2.501 you cannot connect to Relic Online servers so you cant play online matches unfortunately;/

Deleted member 61728

D

Deleted member 61728

So is this new expansion worth the money for what you get both new units + new multiplayer options or is it just another game to assign to the ever growing dont buy list ?

Caporegime
So is this new expansion worth the money for what you get both new units + new multiplayer options or is it just another game to assign to the ever growing dont buy list ?

its buyable for £17.99

The good;
Includes 4x factions
Includes 8x New Units
comes Patched to 2.500 (1.4gb patch)

The Bad:
New campaigns suck (for the most part)
with COH+OF you only miss out on 8x new units
New maps available to COH/OF players through 2.500 patch

SO...

its buyable IF your COH disc is scratched or borked, because u can just install from TOV and get access to everythogn straight away with 1x small patch to 2.501/

WOuld i pay? NAHHH 8x new units not worth my cash. i dont play offline campaign mode anyhow. IF you play a lot offline and dont have OF or something it *might* be worth a look.

Associate
Ok was given this tonight by my brother who bought it but has gone away on business again and i am a bit disappointed with it. Was really expecting more from it given the price that is charged for it and finished it in a few hours not very challenging at all. If this was on sale for maybe £9.99 i might have bought it but at the current price no way too expensive for me to bother with. Yes i know he has given me the game but it's only till he gets back and as i bought all the others would have liked the full set but not till this hits a more reasonable price it is only a small exspansion afterall not a full game.

Associate
The standard retail patches extract the archives that are in the install dir, replace files, then re-archive them. Unfortunately, Steam doesn't support that, so every time there's a major patch you have to download the entire game again.

Permabanned
I ordered it through steam for £35 because I was hammered and didn't even think just bought :(

Some special government body should take your credit card off you whenever you get drunk .... then give it back when sober :(

I won't even go into my drunken p0rn buying habits :(

Back
Top Bottom