1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collective punishment in Israel

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by stockhausen, Sep 27, 2008.

1. B&W

Soldato

Many people do, it highlights the truth about zionism and the state of Israel. The nasty stuff that the media sidesteps and commentators are scared to talk about.

2. Floogie

Hitman

Which is why most of the articles posted here are from the BBC and The Guardian?

3. B&W

Soldato

yeh but u wont see it on tv much.

4. Stanman67

Gangster

Its founding fathers were terrorists and murderer of British Soldiers so the moniker of a terrorist state is quite appropriate. It carries out extra judicial killings on foreighn soil with out any lawful authority to do so, its Al Qaeda with a legal flag:eek::eek:

5. Saberu

Mobster

Right... so if your brother kills my family I have the right to kill you and your entire family back.

Yeh didn't think about that one did you, maybe you should stick to GD;)

6. Xtrema

Hitman

Yes of course they were all terrorists :o
    The outrages against British soldiers were undertaken by the Lehi whom were hardly the founding fathers. In fact, the first provisional Israeli government practically declared war on them in 1948 so thanks for your non contribution.

Much like Hamas, Hezbollah, PLO and PFLP or their respective sponsors have been doing for over 40 years then.

7. stockhausen

Capodecina

Yet another example of the Israelis disrupting the lives of the Palestinians in the hope that they will all go away and allow the Israelis to steal all the territory from the River Jordan to the Mediterranean.

8. RDM

Capodecina

Of all the heinous war crimes commited by the evil zionist warmongers stopping the building of a football stadium must indeed be the worst. A veritable crime against humanity that one.

9. @if ®afiq

Soldato

I don't understand how sometimes you make such solid arguments, but in others you post like this.

Preventing civilian infrastructure and the same time claiming stake to land that is classified as occupied under international law is just another example of how the regime is trying to break the will of the Palestinian people.

10. RDM

Capodecina

Odd sense of humour? Possibly not taking the thread terribly seriously anymore since it just turned into a "repost anything anti isreal from the web with little or no comment" thread?

How come you are normally so much against racism and yet are happy to let it slide in threads like this? How come you are so anti-intervention and yet aren't prepared to just let Israel get on with what it wants?

11. @if ®afiq

Soldato

There is a simple solution to that - don't post or even better read the updates. :)

I object to being called a racist and would like it pointed out where I have been so in this thread?

I don't understand the second part of your comment - please clarify? Are you asking why I am apposed to what is collective punishment and, to paraphrase the Goldstone report, other war crimes and possible crimes against humanity?

12. RDM

Capodecina

Of course. If I can't tow the party line I shouldn't be posting. Tell you what, when every pro palestinian poster here stops posting irrelevant rubbish in other threads I will stop doing it here. :)

I haven't called you a racist. I said that you are quite happy to let others racism slide if they are on your side yet. I am pretty sure you would not be happy to let racism against the palestinians slide though.

You have in the past been quite happy to suggest that foreign nations should be allowed to get on with running themselves regardless of how offensive their governments. Yet this situation is different why is that? How come you are not so strident in your calls for the situation in Darfur to be sorted or the numerous human rights abuses in many muslim nations?

13. @if ®afiq

Soldato

To re-iterate: if you disagree that what is being posted is not collective punishment, then please argue to your hearts content as to why. I have made this point three times now - I thought it was clear.

Which means that I condone racism - ergo I am racist. I've just had a look at the last few pages and could not find anything racist. Regardless, this is nothing but a straw man trying to deflect from the on-going issue.

If you think what is being posted as collective punishment is in fact fair treatement but viewed through racist eyes then please explain how.

I won't rise to this straw man as once again it is going OT. The best way to show me up as a "Jew hater" is to counter what is being posted rather than look for some personal angle!

14. RDM

Capodecina

Because there is little to no debate going on. All it seems to be is you, stockhausen and fraps posting links from other websites and then patting each other on the back.

Not what I think but if you want to run with it, feel free.

The lack of criticism from you and other posters regarding the Palestinian actions? Even the guy in charge of the UN report was critical of the fact that he was unable to address abuses by the Palestinians. But no, none of that matters because this thread isn't about what the palestinians are doing but only about what the Israelis are doing.

Of course it is going off topic, allah forbid we talk about muslims doing anything wrong.

I don't think you are a "Jew hater" (that would be B&W) I am just saddened by your hypocrisy. It seems that muslims around the world can do what they like without reproach because "It isn't our problem" yet the Isrealis get special treatment.

15. stockhausen

Capodecina

Without in any way wanting to join in your obvious baiting of Atif, you aren't exactly contributing to the debate are you?

If you feel so strongly about how the Israelis are suffering from Palestinian collective punishment, why not start a thread on it?

Either way, you are clearly attempting to derail a thread with which you appear not to agree but to which you seem unable to contribute in any useful way.

16. Stanman67

Gangster

Yitzhak Shamir Ex premier of Isreal and member of Lehi and involved in the assaination of UN rep Folke Bernadotte l

Menachem Begin ex Premier of Isreal member of and leader in Irgun involved in the kidnapping and murder of two BRITISH service man.

As for your asseration practically war was declared on then - what preposterouse argument, virtually of there cadre were absorbed into the new states army - so yes Isreal was founded by terrorists.

Hamas, Hezbollah, PLO and PFLP do carry out assasinations and terrorists act but they do nto have the affront to than claim to be the only democracry or observers of human rights.:o:o

Both man

17. RDM

Capodecina

Hello Mr Kettle, meet Mr Pot.

18. Xtrema

Hitman

Your knowledge on this is as lacking as many on here.
    None of the individuals you mentioned are and never were thought of as being founding fathers of the state of Israel; this is the point i was referring to.
    My assertion is not preposterous, it is fact. The provisional Israeli government of 1948 declared the Lehi as a proscribed organisation. The Hagannah even opened fire and destroyed a Lehi ship in 1948, read about the 'Altalena Affair'.
    Most of the Lehi fighters were of course absorbed into the Hagannah; an action which was done for two reasons, to avoid civil war and to defend the fledgling nation when it was invaded by all of its neighbours and all able bodied men were mobilised.

19. Tefal

Capo Crimine

And why should it get Air time?

It's not particularity important nor relevant.

We don't see news about all the wears and genocides in Africa every day (which make the Palestinian situation look trivial).

We only hear about it when there is a particularly bloody actroicty even then it's quickly past over as most people just don't care that foreigner number 5 maimed foreigner number 12.

Although this was just a class reply

Hats off floogie :D

20. stockhausen

Capodecina

Another clear illustration of Israel's intent to retain occupied land in contravention of even the UN's pathetic stance :mad: