1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collective punishment in Israel

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by stockhausen, 27 Sep 2008.

1. Gaidin109

Mobster

I have written a strongly worded letter to both David Cameron and William Hague. I will also be speaking to Boris Johnson this afternoon.

We don't agree on much Stockhausen, but this we do. Attacking peaceful Aid Convoys is state terrorism.

2. regulus

Sgarrista

I've incorporated the basis of the mail you presented Stockhausen and fleshed it out more. I'm also sending the letter around work today to include at least 200 signatures. It will be sent to my local MP and Mr Hague. What happened yesterday was just disgraceful.

3. Shaye87

Wise Guy

Silly Israel, they should've just bomb the whole thing from the air, why risk their soldiers?

4. Shaye87

Wise Guy

Oh and stockhausen, you are too obvious, شقيق.

5. stockhausen

Capodecina

Thanks to all who have emailed :)

6. Gaidin109

Mobster

Familial connections to Stickhausen aside, you feel it is acceptable to bomb civilian shipping in international waters?

7. @if ®afiq

Soldato

Just read this on the Guardian:

:(:(:(

8. doodah

Capodecina

You do know the article is 5 years old? Still, a horrible thing to happen. Another round of talks which will lead to nowhere coming up :(.

9. footman

Mobster

The trouble is it doesn't lead nowhere. It leads to greater intransigence, bloodshed,mayhem and sorrow.

10. fraps

Wise Guy

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

11. shaffaaf27

Soldato

whens the new round of talks comin?

12. doodah

Capodecina

Under way

In the mean time.....

Source

The most worrying part of the article

I fail to see what they will achieve from these talks as with others. Some began to start building not long before it was due to end, they clearly don't care. All of this is for face. Then you get the moronic militants causing skirmishes and the ultra over the top Israeli army being trigger happy in response.

13. stockhausen

Capodecina

Israel navy intercepts Jewish Gaza blockade aid boat

I wonder which of the items on board will be classified as "approved humanitarian cargo" by the Israelis and allowed through to Gaza :confused:

In view of their mother's support of the voyage, I wonder whether the Miliband Brothers will have the guts to speak out against Israel's collective punishment of the Palestinian people?

I have no doubt that we will soon be informed by Israel's Australian Propaganda spokesman Mark Regev that everyone involved with the Irene's voyage is a rabid Anti-Semitic supporter of terrorism :rolleyes:

14. stockhausen

Capodecina

With US & UK support, Zionists will succeed in permanently annexing Palestinian land

It is clearly the objective of the Zionist lobby to ensure that there will never be a Palestinian state and that Israel will extend from the River Jordan to the Mediterranean Sea.

Richard Falk seems to suggest that at best the Americans are complicit in the furtherance of this objective and I have never seen any indication that the British (who were originally responsible for this human rights disaster) are opposed to it either - both Tory and New Labour have always been reluctant so much as to criticise Israel.

As Richard Falk suggests, all Governments should apply sanctions on Apartheid Israel as some of them once did with White South Africa and everyone should boycott Israel, Israelis and Israeli goods which are to all practical intents and purposes stolen goods.

15. Floogie

Hitman

It never worked in South Africa, instead it just resulted in a more covert and internationally tolerable type of apartheid.

Don't get me wrong, the Netenyahu government needs to go quickly, but I don't think the above is the solution. You may say the collective punishment of the Israelis under such a program is nothing but a taste of their own medicine - which is fine, but I don't see it being the key to a real conclusion. I know that Israelis do want peace, and I wouldn't want to see their sober voice polarised. The actions of the Israeli government and Hamas already robbed the Palestinians of their own making any future compromise harder to reach.

A boycott on the settlements only and massive international pressure on the Israeli government has my full support.

16. stockhausen

Capodecina

In the memorable words of Mandy Rice-Davies, "Well they would say that, wouldn't they?" :rolleyes:

I wonder just how many Palestinians are secretly locked up in Israeli jails without trial :confused:

17. stockhausen

Capodecina

Now we get to see Zionist racism towards non-Jewish Israelis.

This shows that there are in fact Jews who don't agree with the Zionist fundamentalists - it would be nice if they stuck their heads above the parapet a bit more frequently and spoke out about Israel's persecution of the Palestinians.

18. ak22

Soldato

No there not dude just look how they present the news regarding those issues if they were why did they block Gaza Aid Adverts and Disasters Emergency Committee adverts?

19. Darkstaruk

PermaBanned

Jews and Muslims will never be at peace purely because of what their religious texts say.
    These words are poison and have caused hundreds if not thousands of years of fighting.

20. stockhausen

Capodecina

Thousands of years you say . . . between Muslims and Jews . . . thousands :confused:

Despite your historically inaccurate suggestion, don't you think that Jews and Christians will never be at peace purely because of what the Bible says:

Are you suggesting that the conflict between the Zionists and the Palestinians is religious and has nothing to do with the fact that millions of Palestinians have had their land stolen from them by foreigners from around the world with the active support of the USA, UK and others?