Colour inspiration for a living room

Soldato
hi all which colours do you reccomend for a living room. I wanted the colour to be neutral and warm as
im bored of plain white absoltely everywhere. Just gives a colder feeling.

I'm thinking of them warm colours you see in coffee shops
anyone got any names etc but please don't say magnolia

Soldato
@psd99 maybe check out some paint manufacturers on insta? Farrow and Ball, Lick paint, Little Green, Coat spring to mind (because my other half has their testers plastered all over our house currently :p)

Soldato
Pink feature alcove and support beam, dark blue walls and a light green ceiling.
Yep, that’s what I’ve got. We’re never going to be able to sell this place.
Wait until I tell you about our gold ceiling in the living room…

Lick have a great Instagram, so check that out and you’ll soon have dozens of targeted ads

Caporegime
Scarlet Red

I got white absolutely everywhere i wondered what you all do with different rooms etc
I painted everywhere white apart from the kitchen which I liked the colour so left it.

it looks like a lime colour to me but I'm partially colour blind so I think it's pastel yellow

Associate
Personally i found all the idea sites cack. Just regular "modern" styles. Your room shape, what it's used for, floor type, furniture styles and type, and windows/light will affect how it turns out massively.

You can use the carpet and paint seller websites to mess about, and a photo editor to tweak things and add furniture.

It takes some serious thought to get something nice and not tacky.

My only white rooms in the house is the utility room which is tiny, and the dining room which is an off white with oak floor and off white blinds. It's bland as that was the idea, everywhere else has some serious colour. It also hasn't got a lamp shade.

Soldato
Personally i found all the idea sites cack. Just regular "modern" styles. Your room shape, what it's used for, floor type, furniture styles and type, and windows/light will affect how it turns out massively.
But on the flipside, there's no need to re-invent the wheel. For our house, it's an Edwardian terrance of which there are millions in the UK. Beyond spending £100k+ on some crazy architectural renovation (ain't gonna happen), there's not a huge amount you can do with it. Same goes with colour schemes. For sure do something a little interesting - but there's a reason (for example) rich greens and blues look nice in the living room (relaxing, calming, work well with leather/browns and flashes of colour). For our kitchen we're planning on having an exposed brick wall around the cooker, red/brick colour looks great as a feature against dark greeny/blue units, not so great against a pale pink, yellow or baby blue of which I've seen are coming into 'fashion'. But of course, each to their own.

Caporegime
I love colour.
All the rooms the rooms in ours are not white.

Living room is teal and grey. It's not exactly a warm colour but one of my favs

I'll get a pic

Excuse the mess I have just put up those blinds.

It's a lot of work matching up colours though!
Teal lamp shades, curtains and kallax etc.

I'm particularly happy with the grey!
I'm so fussy with colours. I picked a grey and painted a wall. Didn't like it so repainted it. Grey is the hardest colour to work with as it has undertones that you just can't see until its on your wall.

g3sEd5z.jpg
u7sYGdY.jpg

Last edited:

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Dulux Sapphire salute (Dark blue) and Dulux Rock salt (Very light grey) I wasn't convinced but the wife wanted it and in fairness its a great combo.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I hate strong colours for walls.

In my sitting room I've put a colour called whispy skies, it's like a pastel light blue/grey and goes with the white coving and black furniture nicely. Hardly sit in there though.

In the living room I went with jasmine White, it's sort of white with a light tinge of magnolia, but very faint. Goes well with the white furniture.

Everywhere else around the house I painted antique white walls with brilliant white ceilings. Makes it feel quite homely.

Most of the colour comes from canvas pictures, furniture, cushions, curtains etc.

Bedroom has a pastel duck egg flowery wallpaper.

Strong colours are a bit much for walls in my opinion, faint pastels are as far as I'll go.

Back
Top Bottom