combi and cold water pressure

Soldato
I'm getting a combi fitted and I would like the cold supply not to be mega high pressure, mainly for safety if the toilet ball **** sticks and if it fills so fast outflow will not be able to cope with the difference. Also with pipes not sure how the welds are, so don't need the toilet to refill in five seconds flat.

What is best and where should this device go? Just after then incoming shut off for the house supply? Theres pressure reducing and gate valve or something

Soldato
What sort of overflow is there on your toilet ours just dumps it into the actual toilet and can handle the full mains flow.

If you really want to slow the toilet fill down just turn the isolation tap off a bit until it fills as fast as you want it to.

And why is this something you're only just wanting after having a combi fitted?

Permabanned
Throw away the ball and get this or similar.

Fluidmaster PRO45B

311cun-YOu-AL.jpg

It comes with little white piece you put in the bottom if your water pressure is too high.

Soldato
OP
Combi isn't fitted yet, it's a older style toilet with overflow to outside, not to cistern.

Also older pipes not sure if they can take mains pressure.

Also turning down isolator is not a good idea

Soldato
OP
If you reduce the mains supply flow the performance of your combi showers and baths will be reduced.

God knows why you'd want to do this. None of your reasons make sense really.

Yeah understand flow rate will be decreased just thinking prevention, as I came home and cold tank was overfilling so want to prevent things like that, if cold supply after boiler is reduced I mean do you need full pressure for cold around the home? No. Whatever traditional boiler pressure for cold (cold tank) is enough, combi cold pressure is over the top.

Soldato
If you have a combi boiler you won't need any cold tanks.

Cold taps are connected directly from the mains.

Hot taps are connected to the combi which as a mains feed for the incoming cold water.

Soldato
So there's nothing to overflow except the toilets.

It's no problem to make sure that the toilet's overflow can keep up with its supply. That's something that should already be done and has nothing to do with the boiler type.

Soldato
What happens to the toilet if you deliberately hold the float valve under the water to simulate a fault? Chances are the overflow will keep up and there'll be no problem except a bit of wasted water.

If things really go wrong that's what insurance is for.

Back
Top Bottom