Combining soundtrack and photos to create a slideshow?

Capodecina
Soldato
I was presented recently by my local Historical Society with nine C-90 Cassette tapes and asked if I could transfer the contents onto .MP3 files. I did this using a cassette player and Audacity running on a PC.

I have now been asked if I can combine the sound track(s) with some photographs. Initially I said that I was sure that this could be done with PowerPoint but have subsequently been asked if I can output them to some more generic format that doesn't depend on access to PowerPoint (or equivalent).

The upshot of this is that I would like to generate a number of .AVI or .MPG files containing the soundtracks and photographs of related places of interest (e.g. the chapel, the village green, etc.).

Can anyone suggest a suitable piece of software and how best to do it?

Many thanks in advance.

Soldato
The easiest option is Windows Movie Maker (if you can get it) or one of the free alternatives (https://www.techradar.com/reviews/shotcut)

You load the audio file first then add the photos in to match the audio. Once that's completed, save and export it.

If you want to add titles you can either do this during production, or after you've exported it, load the file back in to the software and add the titles in and export again.

Back
Top Bottom