Come on, own up: Who deleted all the stickies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
The spam this morning did not go unnoticed by myself, all million pages of it. Obviously someone took a massive eraser to it and deleted the stickies, so come on, who was it? :D

YXNm916.jpg

Soldato
There are certainly many unqualified moderators around. I've been banned from editing my posts because its harder to moderate posts which have perfect grammar and legibility.

Don
There are certainly many unqualified moderators around. I've been banned from editing my posts because its harder to moderate posts which have perfect grammar and legibility.

Wrong, you've got certain restrictions on your account because you post a lot of drivel, that's all.

Does that means that there’s no rules and we can post whatever the **** we want now?

Absolutely not :p

Soldato
Right so how does not being able to edit my post to improve legibility and grammar and syntax, mean I'm not posting drivel anymore?

Don
Right so how does not being able to edit my post to improve legibility and grammar and syntax, mean I'm not posting drivel anymore?

there's numerous occasions of you editing your own post umpteen times - not just for grammar purposes but a lot of the time changing the complete direction of your post leading to confusion from all.

Soldato
No you were banned from editing your posts because you would edit them dozens of times, often changing them in fairly major ways.

Does that necessitate moderation though? If I add on an extra paragraph of info, what's that got to do with moderation if nothing ever needed to be moderated.

Can you give me an example of something I have edited in, which was against the rules?

Soldato
there's numerous occasions of you editing your own post umpteen times - not just for grammar purposes but a lot of the time changing the complete direction of your post leading to confusion from all.

Examples? This is a discussion forum, if I add on information at a later date, that information is free to be discussed. What does not allowing me to add info into a post do exactly? How does it improve moderation?

Don
Does that necessitate moderation though? If I add on an extra paragraph of info, what's that got to do with moderation if nothing ever needed to be moderated.

Can you give me an example of something I have edited in, which was against the rules?

Of course, it's not as though you edit posts a couple of minutes after posting - which would be the case for grammar changes etc; you edit multiple times and in some cases hours after the initial post. Why would you need to edit those? Surely a new post would suffice? You do this to completely amend your post a lot of the times.

As for 'proof' - see screen shots of multiple edits:

upload_2017-5-23_8-39-20-png.684

s9pbvI8.png
fRaeFlO.png

Don
Examples? This is a discussion forum, if I add on information at a later date, that information is free to be discussed. What does not allowing me to add info into a post do exactly? How does it improve moderation?

Absolutely, it's a discussion forum. If you then make a point that you say a lemon is orange, then completely turn the post on its head and say lemons don't exist and if they did, they'd be orange. Does this clear up the point?

Either way - if you want to discuss further, take it to the FCD.

Soldato
Of course, it's not as though you edit posts a couple of minutes after posting - which would be the case for grammar changes etc; you edit multiple times and in some cases hours after the initial post. Why would you need to edit those? Surely a new post would suffice? You do this to completely amend your post a lot of the times.

As for 'proof' - see screen shots of multiple edits:

upload_2017-5-23_8-39-20-png.684

s9pbvI8.png
fRaeFlO.png

You cant see any content there.

Did I edit in/out a personal attack? Or anything else which is against the rules? If so you should deal with the personal attack like you deal with personal attacks.

I edit like that not to break rules, but to make sure my posts make as much sense as possible.

Soldato
Absolutely, it's a discussion forum. If you then make a point that you say a lemon is orange, then completely turn the post on its head and say lemons don't exist and if they did, they'd be orange. Does this clear up the point?

What's that got to do with being able to edit posts?

If you wanted to discuss something you should have discussed it in the thread. Banning me from editing posts doesn't stop me from saying a lemon is orange.

Soldato
I always stick to the discussion at hand anyway. If someone disputes that a lemon is orange I will simply give reasoning behind it and that's it. What's editing my post got to do with anything?

Don
You cant see any content there.

Did I edit in/out a personal attack? Or anything else which is against the rules? If so you should deal with the personal attack like you deal with personal attacks.

I edit like that not to break rules, but to make sure my posts make as much sense as possible.

We do deal with any sort of attacks based upon a stringent set of rules which we all adhere too - you get no special treatment. It's just posts like these, edited multiple times become a nightmare for us mods to moderate. Especially when the goal posts are moving all the time.

I'd suggest if you have to make umpteen edits to not personally attack, or break any rules, you should probably read your posts before pressing submit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom