Coming out of hibernation?

Associate
As all good bikers do when they have a problem at the end of the year ..I put my bike away with a faulty ignition switch , got the bike out last weekend , guess what ? it still had a faulty switch !!

Soldato
Got the bike out yesterday for the first time since about early November. Oil level was ok, agjusted the chain just a quarter turn tighter, tyre pressures needed doing, otherwise was all good. Took it for a 15 minute spin and put some petrol in it. I might use it for my once a quarter trip to head office tomorrow (about 250 miles return) depending on what the weather is looking like.

Soldato
Was 230 miles, mostly motorway and it was bloody windy so not the best ride. But nice to get back on the bike.

Front brake and tyre are still good though, as I discovered half asleep in stop start traffic :)

Soldato
I took my bike out for a spin last weekend and nearly ended it all when I gave it too much welly and the front came up over a little bump. Wicked fun though :D Before that it was New Year’s Day I think. Didn’t bother with the trickle charger this time. Last winter it was asleep from November to March! I’m a little less precious now it’s 18 months old. She can handle a bit of mud and rain. Just not salt. Definitely not salt!!!

Soldato
OP
Mines back under the covers for a bit - can't bare seeing her getting all salted up at the moment! :D

Last Friday was fun though - dropping off the Scrambler to the dealership, I completely missed a drain cover on a corner (in the pouring rain), and was treated to a decent slide of the front tyre! On the way back home, riding the RS, I managed to throttle up as the back wheel was going over a diesel spill - span up the wheel and had a right wiggle, before TC kicked in and settled it down.

I think it might be time to look for replacements for the Super Corsas - might go back to Michelin - Road 5s probably.

Soldato
I got a couple of hundred miles in last weekend - the first decent ride of the year. It didn't feel too rusty either, which was good. Will hopefully get another decent ride in this coming weekend too, weather permitting.

Man of Honour
How's the snow at this time of year @Kreeeee - what sort of altitude does it come down to?

I think the last pass opens in May, and the majority still have snow on now.

Although the low ones are open the conditions very a lot and I stick to the forests at this time of year as even the lower local passes are 10C below my local temperature.

When it hits the high 30's that's when the higher passes are refreshing.

Soldato
I think we'll be there second week of June, same as three years ago. Not sure on where exactly to go yet - we're thinking about the overnight train from Dusseldorf to Innsbruck and then working our way west and then back by B500 / Vosges as normal.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Been using the SV for the last month on-and-off but decided that I'd give her a wash seeing as the weather was nicer on the weekend.

Lubed the chain and coated the whole thing in ACF50... just need to stop somewhere after work and chuck some air in the tyres, but not in a mad rush.

Lots of bikers coming out of the woodwork this week due to the weather. At least 2 bikes following me through the traffic on the M4 today :cool:

Back
Top Bottom