*** Coming soon *** custom built laptops from OcUK

Soldato
I don't really have the ability to write a comprehensive review, at least not with the kind of time I have on my hands just now, so I'll jot down a couple bullet points of what I'm thinking, almost 2 weeks in to my ultima adventure...

Looks: quite simple, but certainly not bad looking. Loving the aluminium! However, it certainly doesn't look like it's an expensive speed machine.

Weight: as it's not exactly the slimest of machines it does of course carry a bit of weight but no more than your average machine and considering what it's holding I found this very impressive.

Speeeeed: It's fast. Running on Windows Vista Ultimate x64, everything is pretty much on demand. As much as I'd love to give you 3dmax figures etc, I won't, because I'm not that kind. Also, I don't know how.
I have been playing Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 on the stock settings flawlessly, and then hooked it up to my 32" tv, running on 1920x1080 and fairly high settings I only got the occasional bout of graphical slowdown but I forgave it for it sheer beauty. (Again, no FPS numbers...)

Considering the amount of heat this thing churns out it's also surprisingly quiet (it also comes with a lovely "silent mode" button which clocks the graphics down a bit and turns off the fan - great for the non-gaming moments :) )

Extra bonus category - Ease of fitting a wireless adaptor :p : with the correct screwdriver, very easy :)

General Happyness Score: 4.9/5 (just to be akward)

I've pretty much ran out of opinions as far as I'm aware, but if anyone has anything specific they want I guess I can try & answer :)

A few pics would be ace :)

Associate
Isn't anyone buying these or something? Not many reviews or discussions on them?!

From what I understand these are selling very well, I own the Ultima Mobile 15.4" and I'm very happy with it, guess when people are very satisfied they don't talk about it as much as if they were unhappy. If you have any questions about them I'll answer to the best of my ability.

I had considered writing a mini review of it myself but took some pictures with an old 2 Megapixel camera but the pictures were pretty crappy, was hoping someone else with photography skills and a decent camera would have taken some, after all everyone wants good pictures to go with a review.

I'll try again tomorrow evening see if I can take some decent pictures which will do the laptop justice.

Associate
From what I understand these are selling very well, I own the Ultima Mobile 15.4" and I'm very happy with it, guess when people are very satisfied they don't talk about it as much as if they were unhappy.
Very true, you do tend to hear more about any problems rather than praise when everything is going well. I'm very pleased with mine. Found an independent review here - with some images for those interested, of the Clevo M860TU:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Deviltech-9000-DTX-Clevo-M860TU-Notebook.11679.0.html

Associate
Hi all, just a quick question - thought I'd have a bit of a 'puter clear up at Xmas so I'm going to format my Ultima Mobile and reinstall XP, etc. Now, I'm not quite as technically minded as a used to be but I assume it's a simple process of:

1. Format HD
2. Install XP
3. Install Drivers

I have the drivers disc provided with the system so is it just a case of whacking that in after reinstalling XP, installing drivers and then finding updates?

Chars :).

Soldato
yep pretty much Chapple. i dont know myself but there could be a recovery partition? you'd have to wait and see if one of the owners of a custom laptop maybe knows more.

Associate
well put it this way - i built about 5 last week

thats pretty good going considering the other builders are doing the same! :p

Hehe fair enough ;p

I'll be looking to buy one after xmas probs. ;]

Just treated myself to a 750GB Hard drive off here the other day soo it can wait a bit longer till I get bored xD

Back
Top Bottom