1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Command and Conquer: Rivals

Discussion in 'Mobile and Tablet Games' started by Sega Mega Dave, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Sega Mega Dave

Mobster

Announced yesterday at EA Play. It said the alpha would be available for android users yesterday but its still showing as pre register for me.

Anyone been able to play it yet?

2. Quartz

Capodecina

The video is here:

It looks dreadful.

3. Steedie

Man of Honour

Good old EA, beating an already dead (thanks to them) franchise to death as always. Looks absolutely awful

4. Skillmister

Capodecina

5. mrbell1984

Capodecina

Can't beat Red Alert 2 / Tiberium Sun! It's free now if anyone wants to play. (PC/Mac/Linux)

https://cncnet.org/

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  6. Hotwired

Soldato

Getting slaughtered in the comments.

Looks like they're ripping off hearthstone gameplay using a rearranged display and C&C units.

Goddam it makes me feel sad seeing this BS.

7. arknor

Caporegime

looks amazing wonder how much micro transactions exist

8. JoeF1

Mobster

I can't believe with the amount of support a full C&C game will have, EA doesn't think about making a new PC version.

9. Quartz

Capodecina

One of the key differentials for C&C is unlimited units ab initio. Is there any other RTS like that? Star Craft, Supreme Commander, Grey Goo (?), etc, all seem to have unit caps. IIRC Ashes of the Singularity has an ab initio unit cap which can be raised but there's still a cap.

10. Sinny

Sgarrista

Anyone else playing this? Really enjoying it, been playing since release, half way through master league.

11. Cromulent

Mobster

I've just started playing it and am really enjoying it. It is the first Android game I have ever played. It is great when you have 20 minutes that you need to fill. I'm also impressed with how smooth the gameplay is on my OnePlus 6.

Now I need to find some other games to play on my phone :).

12. Quartz

Capodecina

C&C4 bombed on the PC.

13. Vince

Man of Honour

TA (total annihilation) if I remember rightly with the core contingency update they allowed you to remove the limit on units entirely and the game would run at like half a frame a second on the massive maps :) Actually googling there was a unit limit on ta and core, 200 and 250 default respectively but it could be raised to >1000.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  14. lolism

Wise Guy

Thank you for this, i'm so downloading this when I get home. Fond memories of playing multiplayer RA2 with the custom maps.

15. something daft already!!

Mobster

I found this OK at first but once you progress past the first section and unlock Nod, people you play against have clearly been paying to play. They have the best stuff and the highest ratings. Due to this, I have stopped playing. m

16. mrbell1984

Capodecina

Fancy a game when I get in from work? Trust me your username when you log in and I’ll try locate you. Which game you downloading? I use Yuri, but you still need original disk for that or at least an install of Yuri before installing the CNC free play.

17. lolism

Wise Guy

Sorry bud, ended up doing O/T and by the time I got in I just watched some netflix and fell asleep. Was going to grab RA2, I think I might have the original Yuri on Origin. I'm out tonight but will be back around 10ish and will check it out.

18. Cromulent

Mobster

I'm starting to get to that stage. Rather annoying as I really enjoyed the game. The question is do I want to drop £15 on the game and the answer is probably no. I'll stick to World of Warships on the PC and wait for the new Elder Scrolls game to come out.

19. lolism

Wise Guy

Just had a quick blast on Skirmish - pretty sure I've clicked on something I shouldn't have. Literally deploy and build a power plant and 6 GI's appear from the computer side and rince everything :D

20. Sinny

Sgarrista

I've been playing since release. Not spent any money and I'm in the master league.

If you come up against someone with high level units, it displays as a challenge match and you don't lose rank points .you just have to make sure you open crates everyday.