Company Car No Claims

Associate
Hi all,
Quick question, starting new job soon after having a company car for almost 9 I need to insure a car I just bought. Years ago I got my old job to write a letter to confirm I was insured and used is privately as well and plan on doing the same.

Question is, which insurance companies accept them these days?
Cheers!

Soldato
I was in the same situation as you 2 years ago and Admiral were one of the companies that would offer a no claims based on company car history (with a letter from the company to support my ststement).

Caporegime
Found a lot of insurance companies to be really arsey when trying to get my dad insurance on his own car for the first time in about 15 years a couple of years back.
They wanted something in writing from the likes of the CEO or a director. Was just a wtf moment.

Soldato
My first ten years of driving was spent using company cars. My no claims discount was carried over when I bought my first car, so I don't think you'll have any issues. I'm also with Admiral.

Soldato
Apologies for the thread hijack, was about to post something very similar.

I've been a company car driver for 3 years, just changed jobs so buying my own car. I had 9 years NCB before I got the company car, but annoyingly I've been involved in two incidents since being insured by my company - one my fault and one non-fault.

Am I essentially screwed and back to 0 years NCB in the eyes of insurers?

Associate
OP
From what I read, they don't except them after 3 years, you might want to ring a few up.
Adrian Flux (broker) seemed quiet geared in what we are both asking, I was going to call them last night as the online quote worked out best but they recommend calling them for the best deal plus I want to discuss what they need for my company NCB.

Soldato
Quick question, starting new job soon after having a company car for almost 9 I need to insure a car I just bought.

Perhaps the simplest way would be to insure for the first year with the company that insured your company car? After all, they have your records. Then switch (or not) after the first year.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Necro/hijack:

I've been driving co. cars for the last 4 years, no claims made.
This was across 2 companies, 6 cars in total.

Which company should I be asking for evidence from - my employer(s) or the car leaser(s)?

Soldato
When I switched back in 2004 I just got a letter from fleet management to confirm how long I had been driving and that the years had been accident free. Churchill accepted this back then but I got a year for every 2 years of driving a company car but i had been driving a company car for some 15 years at that point so got 7 or so odd years NCD.

Back
Top Bottom