COMPANY OF HEROES 2

Associate
any one know how to unlock the bonus commanders?

This is what Zavvi say I got but I cant find out how to unlock them, and only options seams to buy them on steam?

Pre-order Bonus Content:
Vehicle Skin Packs
Soviet Voronezh Front Skin
German Winter Ambush Medium Weight Vehicles Patterns Skin

Multiplayer Commanders – Commander abilities for multiplayer customisation:
German
Joint Operations Doctrine
Spearhead Doctrine
Soviet
Anti-Infantry Tactics
Conscript Support Tactics
Theatre of War Mini Pack – Single Player / Co-Op Mission Set (post launch release)

Is there meant to be a 2nd CD key that they never sent?

Last edited:
Soldato
Disc arrived today but it says update is paused...

is this because the game is locked until thursday hence i need a vpn? or are my files corrupt.

EDIT: worked out it was the old beta files. Needed a complete uninstall and reinstall/

Last edited:
Soldato
Disc arrived today but it says update is paused...

is this because the game is locked until thursday hence i need a vpn? or are my files corrupt.

EDIT: worked out it was the old beta files. Needed a complete uninstall and reinstall/

The game is out today! Shouldn't need a VPN, mine's working fine. Try restarting Steam.

Associate
To my earlier post, this is in my warnings log:

22:18:36.03 SnowCapOverride- can't get 'ObjectSnowCapLimit' variable in material [axis_mg42]
22:18:36.03 SnowCapOverride- can't get 'ObjectSnowCapLimit' variable in material [stug_iii_tread_R]
22:18:36.03 SnowCapOverride- can't get 'ObjectSnowCapLimit' variable in material [stug_iii_tread_L]
22:18:36.03 SnowCapOverride- can't get 'ObjectSnowCapLimit' variable in material [sug_iii_turrets]
22:18:36.03 SnowCapOverride- can't get 'ObjectSnowCapLimit' variable in material [stug_iii]
22:18:52.68 NET -- Peer 4 is sending lag complaints about peer 5
22:18:52.68 NET -- Peer 2 is sending lag complaints about peer 5
22:18:52.68 NET -- Peer 3 is sending lag complaints about peer 5
22:18:52.68 NET -- Peer 1 is sending lag complaints about peer 5
22:18:52.68 NET -- Peer 6 is sending lag complaints about peer 5
22:18:52.68 LagArbitrator::OnPlayerVote - we got a vote!
22:18:52.68 LagArbitrator::OnPlayerVote - we got a vote!
22:18:52.68 GAME -- Frame 10245 - SimKillPlayer - Destroying SimPlayer 1006, reason 5
22:18:52.68 MOD -- Player helier (network kick) (frame 10245) (KillPlayer)
22:18:52.69 MOD -- Game Over at frame 10245
22:18:52.69 GAME -- Frame 10245 - SimKillPlayer - Destroying SimPlayer 1006, reason 5
22:18:52.69 NET -- AsyncJobDriver::StartDynamic - job LeaveSessionAsync, parent SessionInternal
22:18:52.69 Calling ShutdownSession in OnDropRequestMessage, REASON_STATION_IS_LAGGING

Game is running fine then I lag and get booted... doesn't seem much info yet on net with regards to why this is happening... maybe due to old router??

Soldato
I am getting some strange lag spikes when it shouldn't be worried. Knowing relic a patch season will soon begin and drivers will be updated. Shame but that's PC gaming for you

Caporegime
Is it any good then? Worth the wait? Worthy sequel? I'll likely wait until its in a sale and get it anyway, but I see its "only" gotten 80/100 from MC.

Caporegime
any one know how to unlock the bonus commanders?

This is what Zavvi say I got but I cant find out how to unlock them, and only options seams to buy them on steam?

Pre-order Bonus Content:
Vehicle Skin Packs
Soviet Voronezh Front Skin
German Winter Ambush Medium Weight Vehicles Patterns Skin

Multiplayer Commanders – Commander abilities for multiplayer customisation:
German
Joint Operations Doctrine
Spearhead Doctrine
Soviet
Anti-Infantry Tactics
Conscript Support Tactics
Theatre of War Mini Pack – Single Player / Co-Op Mission Set (post launch release)

Is there meant to be a 2nd CD key that they never sent?

Hi I'm in the sane situation but different reseller. Ive sent them a note to see whats going on.

Soldato
I am getting some strange lag spikes when it shouldn't be worried. Knowing relic a patch season will soon begin and drivers will be updated. Shame but that's PC gaming for you

Same here. I thought it may have just been a very demanding game, but as I get the same bench mark score what ever settings I have I think it's just a bit poorly optimized :)

Associate
Surprising lack of hype for this. I thought this was supposed to be one of the "big" PC releases of the year?

Should I drag myself away from SC2 to play it? I quite enjoyed the single player in the original but couldn't ever win in multiplayer.

Associate
Is the multi playing working better than beta?, was a joke on that with massive lag spikes and constant player drop outs

Soldato
I play MoW, it's a wonderful game. In CoH 2 it took 9 76mm AT guns to take out one enemy light tank.

CoH 1 + Mods is by far a much better game.

Remember this is a Relic game that will require extensive patching before its balanced. Unfortunately they are not blizzard who are able to spend 12 months just balancing a game they have basically finished

Soldato
Is the multi playing working better than beta?, was a joke on that with massive lag spikes and constant player drop outs

I have played it quite a lot since it was released (lacking a lot of sleep tho!). I have had very few problems with lag and people dropping in the game. Seems a lot better than in the beta

Remember this is a Relic game that will require extensive patching before its balanced. Unfortunately they are not blizzard who are able to spend 12 months just balancing a game they have basically finished

Coh wasn't very balanced at all when it first came out. Took ages to be balanced. At the moment I would say the things that imo need fixing the most is the german strafe vs the russian one. It instantly pins any infantry even remotly close to the target area, even if they are retreating. By the time your men are not pinned, the strafe happens again. Russian one is pretty poor as its only in a small area and doesnt really pin. Think it does more vs light vehicles tho. The other thing is the range on the Elephant and ISU-152. Can shoot stuff from what feels like half the map away which to me is insane. Oh and T-34/76 seem a bit crap for the fuel cost.

I play MoW, it's a wonderful game. In CoH 2 it took 9 76mm AT guns to take out one enemy light tank.

CoH 1 + Mods is by far a much better game.

Germans don't have any light tanks as far as I am aware? Stug is an assualt gun, PZIV & Panther are mediums, Tiger is a heavy tank. Not sure what you would class the ostwind as but not a light tank. If you had used up more than half your pop cap with AT Guns, then you are doing something wrong and obviously don't understand how to play the game. This isnt CnC where you can just spam one unit and win.

In the early Beta days I wasnt that impressed but after playing it for awhile its gotten a lot better. Definitly a grower. Really enjoying it now.

Last edited:
Associate
Forgive me, as I'm knackered and haven't found the answer skimming through this thread; but is there a decent Co-op/Skirmish (Player vs AI) in this game?

Not too interested in online play, but had a lot of fun back in CoH1 Skirmish mode.

Back
Top Bottom