Completely new to PC gaming

Associate
Downloaded Resident Evil from Steam (trying to relive my youth lol) and it turns out my PC is pretty crap for gaming so I need a graphics card, I do know its an AMD system and was told I'd be best off with an AMD card in this case but thats all I know. I'm not an avid gamer nor am I clued up on specs of my pc and tech stuff (prefer consoles) so just require some advice on a graphics card that I can buy plug in and forget about.

It doesn't need to be top of the range, just good enough so I can play RE. I've no interest in massive online games or such alike.

Associate
I knew that would be needed so I came prepared, obviously not very prepared as I should have put it in the first post. Uno momento por favor...

Associate
Thank you, does an FM2 or FM2+ socket make a difference to what I'd have to purchase? I wish I knew where to look to find the exact info needed but I'm not great with technology.

Found the box, its a Gigabyte F2A78M-HD2 AMD A78 FM2+ socket

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for your help, last question I have on this is the GTX 1050 I've seen on Ebay in 2GB or 4GB options, I'd assume the 4GB would be the better option but would a 2GB version be fine?