Computer desk!

Associate
I'm having troubles finding a cheap, decent computer desk to buy. The ones I keep seeing are either a) too small b) too cluttered with drawers, etc.

I just want a simple desk like this:

hv6j9mi.png

However, the exact desk above is asking for a stupid price.

Any help is appreciated

Soldato
I wanted that desk and too was astounded by the ridiculous price.

Cheap argos type desk in beach and then plonk a large beach ikea table top on top of it. Job done.

IMAG0351.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Just keep your eye on your local gumtree, freecycle etc. etc. sooner or later a decent desk will come up for a good price. I picked up an Ikea Jonas/Malm type desk for £20 a while back, and while I was looking I saw plenty of other nice desks - some were even free!

Soldato
Whenever I'm looking for a cheap computer desk I tend to hit the charity shops, a lot of businesses donate old desks and you get them for a steal, usually around £20 and they are usually really very sturdy and simple, much better than the crud I've had from the likes of argos etc!

Soldato
I have the malm had it for years great desk and served me well but could do with something a little deeper having 2 monitors on it would like a bit more space. Plus I have moved house several times with it and it got a bit battered in one trip on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom