Computer freezing several times a day. No BSOD.

Associate
OP
Just to let you guys know, turned out to be one of my hdd's that had failed. 1TB cav black for those of you interested. It would seem I am still able to access the data on the drive.. its just hit or miss whether or not it funks up. Backing up now, setting up RMA, buying another 2TB hdd, setting up raid5! I do not want to have something like this happen again. I am lucky the data can still be accessed.

Thanks again for all the advice!

Associate
OP
Ok. Even with the fault HDD removed, it would appear I still have the problem. This morning I came down to find the computer stuck in the lock screen. The mouse was moving but they keyboard was completely unresponsive (caps wouldn't enable etc.) and nothing could be clicked. I have checked the event viewer again and as far as I can tell, nothing relevant is showing. See below a print screen; maybe someone can see something I can't.

mVmIS.jpg

Associate
OP
Just to close this thread in case anyone comes across it for answers to a similar problem, it was the GPU all the time. HIS 5870. Started causing bluescreens etc, finally got a log I could do something with. To give credit to HIS, I was refunded nearly the whole amount for my card, way above then current value. Decided to pocket the cash and buy a £20 5450 as I dont have much free time for gaming any more. (this was in May 2012)

Back
Top Bottom