Concert for Heroes

Soldato
So what are your thoughts on this (apart from the bad music)? Is it condescending? Does it trivialise the work the armed forces do?

Soldato
It was just missing the male vocal which really was a let down for me. Jenkins has a spectacular voice though.

Would also like to add, Twickenham is a pretty fantastic stadium for gigs. The atmosphere sounds so much better than televised gigs from Wembley.

Last edited:
Soldato
It was ok but I turned it over as soon as Robbie Burger King Williams thought he was Freddie Mercury and started strutting with the microphone stand and plagiarising Freddie's impromptu crowd sing along (‘Daa Yoo’ etc). Honest to god that really pee’d me off and I just couldn’t watch any longer.

Associate
Jenkins was pretty much the only singing act that was half decent.

Robbie was terrible as usual, I just don't get him at all.

Man of Honour
Jenkins was pretty much the only singing act that was half decent.

Robbie was terrible as usual, I just don't get him at all.

He wants to be Freddy Mercury, and doesn't have the voice, presence or charisma. Or denim hotpants.

Overall, concernt was actually embarassing - Michael McIntyre and Rod (?) Gilbert were the only entertaining comedians (IMHO).

Music was shocking as all the stuff either had a backing track or was so badly levelled that it had no energy whatsoever.

Yawn-tacular.

Back
Top Bottom