• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Connect CRT tv to 8800GTS512 ?

Soldato
Hello,

I'm trying to connect my crt tv with my pc but cannot for life get it to work.

I have plugged it in like this:

my gpu's hdtv exit- hdtv module - s-vid to tulip connector - tulip cable - tulips to scart - tv.

When I go to av1 the image and sound sound distorted even though there is nothing but a blue screen, it flies around if you know what I mean. Can't find anywhere in windows to enable the tv. In xp in the old days I used to extend my desktop as the tv showed up as a 2nd monitor, but I already have 2 monitors now. The tv ( 3rd ) simply won't show up anywhere in the nvcpl or vista's display settings. Does anyone know that if you connect a tv in vista, where to enable it ?

Also tried :
my gpu's hdtv exit- hdtv module - tulip cable - tulips to scart - tv. With the tulip ended cable plugged into the green hdtv port, which is supposed to work but give me a black n white image. The image on the tv from av1 stabilized as in not flying any more but still no image but a blue one and can't find anywhere in vista to enable it.

Any suggestions ? Where on earth do I make it force detecting a tv ?

Soldato
I don't think you can connect 3 screens, two is usually max as there are only two ramdacs

Try disconnecting one screen, connect the TV and then shutdown and restart the PC. full power cycle rather than a reboot.

I have no idea what you mean by a tulip connector, does your TV not have and SVHS input? You should be able to set the GPU as RGB out via and link that to scart

AD

Soldato
OP
With tulip I meant composite... Tv only has scart and composite input, but I don't have the right cable for composite as a I need a cable with 2 ''male'' ends and I only have a cable with 1 male 1 female end, so I use a scart to composite converter on the tv side.

Ahhh seriously :eek: ?

So I need a 2nd gfx card to get my tv detected? Bah, stupid worthless thing, what good are 3 exits when you can use only 2 grrr :( !

I prefer to keep my 2nd monitor enabled tbh than adding my tv...

Would putting something like a geforce 6800 or 6200 as a 2nd card or something make me able to add my tv, I have these cards as a spare you see... Also will those cards work somehow? My 2nd pciex16 physical slot only works at a speed of 4x with my main slot being at 16x...

Last edited:
Soldato
Might work, yeah, though sometimes there are driver issues with more than one card of different brands in the machine, but nv may well be ok.

Black and white happens sometimes when it's set to NTSC instead of PAL or vice versa.

Sounds like an overly convoluted way of achieving not an awful lot. If you really need the screenspace another monitor would be a lot better, though 3 is a bit more complex than two.

Soldato
OP
I just want to watch 4:3 series on a 4:3 21'' tv, instead of on my 16:9 24'' monitor, the 21'' would give just a little bit more screen size for a 4:3 series/film.

No I don't have black and white, I just have a ''blue'' screen as in my tv doesn't get a signal, I just read that using the composite hdtv green port gives gives a black image, but as in my OP, I don't get anything except a blue screen as in no signal. Just as with my s-vid to composite converter, but that one gives a kind of ''distorted'' no signal thing, as in the blue no signal screen flies around.

I don't know how to make windows ( vista) detect a tv or make it output a signal from the tv port: In windows xp a while ago when I also just had 1 screen, It just showed up as a 2nd monitor in the display settings and I used ''extend the desktop to this screen'' but now I only see 2 screens in my windows display settings not 3 so I can't just extend the desktop to it as it just doesn't show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom