Connecting a Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB fan to a MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI AMD Motherboard

Associate
Hoping that someone might be able to help me / my son out.

As the title suggests, my son has a MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk board, to which he wants to be able to connect a Corsair iCUE SP120 RGB fan so that he can control the RGB colours.

Most of the guidance that we have found for this suggests that some MSI boards have a JCORSAIR1 port. Unfortunately, the board my son has does not. There are plenty of JRGB headers on the motherboard, and a couple of JRAINBOW headers too.

Can anyone suggest a method we can use to connect to the RGB or RAINBOW headers on the board, so that he can control the fan's colours?

Thanks!

Soldato
The Corsair stuff is still 5V addressable RGB (ARGB) which is what the JRAINBOW headers are. You need an adapter is all, to change the shape of the plugs.

I can't seem to find one from OcUK, but if you search "Corsair RGB to standard ARGB 3-pin adapter" you should find something that does the job :)

If there are multiple fans to set up then you might need a hub or similar to distribute the RGB signals out too.

Back
Top Bottom