• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Console XBOX ONE X Series or pc ?What faster

Associate
Hello.

My pc

9700K stock

Aorus Z390 Pro Gaming

Seasonic 750W GX TITANIUM ULTRA

Rtx 2080 Super Waterforce Aorus

GSKILL 2x16 GB DDR4 3000MHZ XMP

SSD CRUCIAL 1TB

HDD 1 TB

I have question. Can you compare that pc to new generation XBOX SERIES X. That new console will be faster than my pc? I heard about more threads on cpu and faster gpu inside. Stay with pc or buy new console when will be released?

Associate
think we need to wait really to see how the hype matches reality, and the specs are impressive, but its not a cheap spec list is it? so it may well be pricey

Soldato
Consoles will likely = mid range hardware when they come out, 3070 GPU should be more powerful. If you watch Hardware Unboxed newer Q&A (1st part) they talk a bit about the consoles pushing better hardware to PC, so the next round of graphics cards should (hopefully) be good.

Associate
Consoles will likely = mid range hardware when they come out, 3070 GPU should be more powerful. If you watch Hardware Unboxed newer Q&A (1st part) they talk a bit about the consoles pushing better hardware to PC, so the next round of graphics cards should (hopefully) be good.
Xbox Series X is better than 98% of gaming PC's on Steam so it is not going to be "mid range" by the time they come out. 3070 will likely be faster but it's not mid range, if Nvidia increase prices again then the 3070 GPU alone will probably cost more than a Series X.

Soldato
Xbox Series X is better than 98% of gaming PC's on Steam so it is not going to be "mid range" by the time they come out. 3070 will likely be faster but it's not mid range, if Nvidia increase prices again then the 3070 GPU alone will probably cost more than a Series X.

If something like the 3070=2080Ti which is quite likely then they will be faster than consoles by a fair margin.

Personally I couldn’t care how fast they are if they bring pc pricing down then that’s a win in my book. As far as I see it a consoles still a console and both have different markets. You can do a whole lot more with a pc than just play games as stated by varka.

It can be as fast as it likes if the games are **** then why bother. One reason I’d take Nintendo switch over even Xbox series x.

Last edited:
Soldato

Actually he is correct. By the time the xbox series x launches it's GPU will be equivalent to a mid range PC GPU for sale at that time.

The fact that 98% of gamers have entry/low end PC's is irrelevant.

Soldato
Actually he is correct. By the time the xbox series x launches it's GPU will be equivalent to a mid range PC GPU for sale at that time.

The fact that 98% of gamers have entry/low end PC's is irrelevant.
Yeah. Why do people look at steam surveys when talking about top end performance? We're on an overclockers forum. I know people that play on 10 year old PCs and are more than happy.

Associate
XSX will comfortably out perform the PC equivalent hardware due to it being a closed system with custom development tools designed to maximize the hardware. As developers gain more experience and the toolset matures the games will continue to look better. That's why 2nd gen console games are decidedly better looking than launch period games as 2nd gen games tend to be developed from the ground up on the platform with a mature toolset.

Comparing raw specs of a console and PC equivalent has limited use due to above.

Soldato
The question should really be: Do you want to game in a console environment with a controller or a PC environment with mouse keyboard or a controller? If you're not bother by either, then go with the cheapest option.

Soldato
It’s hard to say as we need to see what RDNA 2 offers and how Xbox manage the back compatibility. I think the Xbox would be faster.

Back
Top Bottom