Consumer rights question glasses bought online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

you didnt answer my question.
As far as I can tell, that’s a different issue.

They made the glasses to the spec you requested, the fact that the spec needed adjusting is another matter altogether :confused:

Edit: beaten like a ginger stepchild.

Pez

Pez

Soldato
Your question isn't really relevant to whether they've done anything incorrectly though.

You gave them frames and a prescription. They installed lenses to that prescription.

You've then realised your prescription has changed since the one you sent them.

I fail to see how that is their problem or why you expect them to be able to magically figure out that the first prescription is wrong without them checking your vision.

This - They can't possibly tell if the prescription you have asked for is correct without tasing your eyes.

From their website:

Screen_Shot_2018_03_28_at_23_15_11.png

Looks like they have done exactly that? :confused:

Soldato
uhh i didnt say they should magically know my prescription but i expected them to check the lenses (both lenses)

If they were just a glazing company i wouldn't be having this conversation.
Check them how? Against what? What difference would this 'check' have made? They'd still have been installing new lenses to the prescription you provided them.

Soldato
Ok this is a better answer. And you are 99% correct. If they were just a glazing company then you would be right but if you check their website they dont market themselves as just that.

Their website doesn't seem to suggest they'd do anything other than prepare the lenses based on the prescription you give them, unless I'm looking at the wrong website.

Soldato
OP
Their website doesn't seem to suggest they'd do anything other than prepare the lenses based on the prescription you give them, unless I'm looking at the wrong website.

Run by experienced and professional opthamologists/opticians with years in the sector. Thats the bit where i assumed a bit too much.

Soldato
Run by experienced and professional opthamologists/opticians with years in the sector. Thats the bit where i assumed a bit too much.

Absolutely assumed too much! In fairness to them unless you gave them a prescription that is likely wrong (e.g. +120) I can't see how they can spot a change in your own physical status.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

How would they know there was an error with your original prescription?

Fair enough if the lense curvature was incompatible with the frame (I’m not an ophthalmologist, hence the layman terminology) and it came back obviously wrong but what you describe is you’ve changed the prescription after they were made??

Soldato
Like everyone else said. They have zero idea if your eyesight has improved or worsened.

The deal is that you sort out what you need and give them work to do.

Soldato
how would i know my prescription was wrong?

I think the more valid question would be “how would they know your prescription is wrong, and why would the burden of fault fall on them?”

I, like you would have tried my luck, you won! So just get them redone, lucky break :)

Man of Honour
uhh i didnt say they should magically know my prescription but i expected them to check the lenses (both lenses)

If they were just a glazing company i wouldn't be having this conversation.
Check them for what,you provided the prescription. There's nothing to check other than they meet what you supplied. Utter stupidity.
Then more stupidity on asking for help with a company that has a 100% guarantee return.

Soldato
How would they know there was an error with your original prescription?

Fair enough if the lense curvature was incompatible with the frame (I’m not an ophthalmologist, hence the layman terminology) and it came back obviously wrong but what you describe is you’ve changed the prescription after they were made??
Reading it through again, I'm wondering if he was expecting that they would have notified him that the prescription he sent was different to the lenses already in the glasses but even that doesn't make sense really because that's the entire reason most people will be getting reglazes - a changed prescription!

Soldato
OP

so they would quite happily change the lenses if there was incorrect information put in the prescription?

See i believe a normal glazing company would do this....yep fair enough. No thought behind it at all just part of the process...received new prescription and changed glasses.

Why would an optician (they said to me they have the machinery to check the lenses in that were already in the glasses) willingly give someone a prescription that was worse than the previous one?

And no im not expecting them to be psychic because as i just said they have the tech to check the lenses (prescription) that were in the glasses originally.

Soldato
Why would an optician (they said to me they have the machinery to check the lenses in that were already in the glasses) willingly give someone a prescription that was worse than the previous one?

And no im not expecting them to be psychic because as i just said they have the tech to check the lenses (prescription) that were in the glasses originally.
How do they know what is 'worse' though? Your eyesight/prescription could have changed either way, they have no reference to make comparison to.

Soldato
so they would quite happily change the lenses if there was incorrect information put in the prescription?

See i believe a normal glazing company would do this....yep fair enough. No thought behind it at all just part of the process...received new prescription and changed glasses.

I believe eyesight can improve in adulthood, it definitely can in childhood.

Man of Honour

Just lol. How is it worse, people's prescriptions change. There is no worse or better there is nothing they can check.

You need help, lay of the brain cell killing drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom