Consumer rights question glasses bought online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
I am an engineer. Someone asks me to design and make a part to fit X. I do and they find my part doesn't fit X. I eat it.

Someone doesn't ask me to design a part to fit X, they just send an engineering drawing that I make a part to match. It doesn't fit X. They eat it.

The "glazing company" have been magnanimous, be grateful....

Dealing with disparate bodies has its disadvantages. despite potential cost savings.

Soldato
OP
How do they know your eyesight has been deteriorating year-on-year?

For all you know, you gave them a prescription an optician looked at it and thought “lucky *******, his eyes have improved”.

:p

ok wow i never thought people could be like that. Just charge me money for nothing lol. A bit of a waste if the prescriptions are so similar. I expect an Opticians to tell me that but obviously do not expect a glazing company to do so.

It is just a glazing company, operated by opticians. Just like my local pub is operated by a doctor... I don't get a prostate exam with my pint though. You have assumed far too much... that is how this has happened.

no i havent the way they (one of the directors) messaged me via email says otherwise. He speaks a lot of about his and colleagues experience as opthalmologists/opticians for decades in the industry etc. Not sure if i should quote his private email tbh.

But at least you are on the right track and your argument is fair.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

ok wow i never thought people could be like that. Just charge me money for nothing lol. A bit of a waste if the prescriptions are so similar. I expect an Opticians to tell me that but obviously do not expect a glazing company to do so.
To them, they’re simply providing you with a new set of lenses. They’d happily give you the same prescription as you may have just wanted your favourite pair re-done with new glass.

Yes, they may see the change and remark that it’s up or down but a minor change isn’t going to raise red flags because they don’t have the luxury of knowing you/your history or perform an eye examination.

You’d have a point if it had gone from 0.5 to 5.0, but a slight change? Nah.

Soldato
OP
Right there you spelled out how you wanted them to make a judgement on your vision without examining you.

They make exactly what you ask them to make.

They cannot make a judgement without examining you because it's impossible to know your circumstances. They simply make what you asked for.

Why would an optician intentionally reglaze glasses at near the same prescription as the previous one at considerable cost to the patient / customer?

Thats my question - dont change the question (not an optician etc) because thats how i saw them. I assumed (yes i accept i assumed too much) they would check the old lenses prescription with the new one and if they did then they wouldve seen how it wasnt needed to reglaze them (due to their professional background opticians etc)

Soldato

Bear in mind, people will get glasses reglazed with an identical prescription too, as they may have decided they want thinner lenses or reactions or blue filtered etc. so an unchanged or very minor change in prescription isn't something they should be expected to automatically flag up either. Some people may even just want a fresh set of lenses because they feel like the current ones are a bit scratched or marred.

Soldato
OP
but i think ive had enough "help"
Bear in mind, people will get glasses reglazed with an identical prescription too, as they may have decided they want thinner lenses or reactions or blue filtered etc. so an unchanged or very minor change in prescription isn't something they should be expected to automatically flag up either.

great i'm happy for other people that they would want all that....i didnt ask for any of that. Has absolutely nothing to do with my order. If i did order all that other stuff...superthin lenses, transitional etc etc then you would have a point....i didnt so you dont.

but anyway thanks for all your "help" people...

close thread now please....waste of time.

Soldato

great i'm happy for other people that they would want all that....i didnt ask for any of that. Has absolutely nothing to do with my order. If i did order all that other stuff...superthin lenses, transitional etc etc then you would have a point....i didnt so you dont.

close thread now please.

Plenty of us have given legitimate answers dude, I’m sorry if you didn’t like what you heard.

Plenty of narky people on most forums, you’ve just got to filter them out.

Soldato
b

Not an entire waste of time, reading you thinking their entire business practices should be tailored to your particular scenario has at least provided some amusement.

No need to have a paddy just because everyone else has pointed out how unreasonable your expectations are :p

Soldato
OP
Plenty of us have given legitimate answers dude, I’m sorry if you didn’t like what you heard.

Plenty of narky people on most forums, you’ve just got to filter them out.

Well i guess i just dont understand the mindset why someone would be deliberately malicious to a complete stranger on the internet...just never will....maybe i should be lucky i dont understand it...

Soldato
Deliberately malicious, lolwut

No one has been malicious at all, you just didn't want to be told anything contrary to what you wanted to hear

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

People have been patient in trying to explain a different viewpoint, so there’s no need to respond like that.

I’ve got an old pair of glasses that are comfy. The lenses in them are scratched but I like them and I’ve thought about getting the glass replaced as the frames themselves are fine... if I sent them in, would they question that the prescription already fitted is slightly different? No.

You’re paying a service to have the lenses replaced. They are replacing the lenses with the prescription / requirements that you’re giving them. Transaction successfully complete. The end.

You can’t expect them to query every difference for every order... they’d never turn a profit because they’d be on the phones to the customers.

Another analogy... I have a white car. If I take it in to be resprayed white, should I be glad that they DON’T do the job but instead waste a day trying to call me at work and ask if I’ve made a mistake by picking the same colour as the car already is... or would they go ahead and do the job I’ve asked them to do?

Soldato
Why would an optician intentionally reglaze glasses at near the same prescription as the previous one at considerable cost to the patient / customer?

Thats my question - dont change the question (not an optician etc) because thats how i saw them. I assumed (yes i accept i assumed too much) they would check the old lenses prescription with the new one and if they did then they wouldve seen how it wasnt needed to reglaze them (due to their professional background opticians etc)

Because you asked them to?

Soldato

Because the customer asked them to do it.

It all boils down to you giving them instructions to make the glasses exactly like you asked.

They did not examine you so they have no reason to discuss it unless you are asking for something impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom