Contact Lenses

smr

smr

Soldato
Hi,

This isn't a medical thread.

Basically I've been wearing contact lenses on and off since I was around 15, I'm 35 now.

Over recent years, I'd say the last 10 years, I've hardly worn contact lenses at all as I found them uncomfortable.

So I decided to have a contact lens examination and went along to the opticians where I had my glasses eye test earlier this year.

When I got there they had ordered me some contact lenses for my glasses prescription and just asked me to wear them.

They didn't do any exams for base curve, diameter, no ocular measurements of my eyes or anything.

It was simply, try these, have a walk about outside for a bit and see how they fit.

I asked him whether the base curve and diameter etc. was the right fit for me and he said that as they're astigmatism contacts it doesn't matter as there's not much choice.

That's not right it is it ? I mean if I look on lenstore etc. there are loads of different diameter / base curve size combinations on there for toric (astigmatism lenses).

Soldato
I switched from Acuvue Moist 1 day Toric to Dailies 1 Day Aqua Comfort Plus Toric and those parameters are slightly different on each, I can't say they felt any different. The Dailies are far more comfortable and have been using them for years. I get my eyes checked every year and they say they're fine and I shouldn't be seeing as well as I am with them at my age.

They are right in saying the Toric lenses have less options;

https://www.visiondirect.co.uk/contact-lenses-base-curve-diameter/

Soldato
Im in a similar boat, I barely wear contact lenses lately due to them drying my eyes out and just being so uncomfortable, used to wear them all the time with no issues.

Must be an age thing.

Back
Top Bottom