Contacting Microsoft/XBox by phone about charges run up by damn kids

Soldato
Well it wasn't as funny as trying to get a refund for lack of parental responsibility
Dude..... Just answer the dam question in a helpful manner or just dont post at all. Its a pretty simple question with obvious humour in regards to what the OP deems as suitable.

I would start here https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/contact-us#5 buddy although it is unlikely that they will do anything else but charge her for it. Please ensure that she reads up on security measures to stop this happening again.

Soldato
I don't think there's anything wrong with my response tbh. It grinds my gears when people blame the child for something like this, when it's really the fault of the parent. Giving your child free access to a console and having credit card information saved to the profile you're using is just asking for trouble. There are ways to stop this from happening, like setting them up with their own profile etc. This could very easily have been prevented...
Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.... Go walk it off mate, life is too short yea ;)

Soldato
Someone got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.... Go walk it off mate, life is too short yea ;)

Another that just doesn't get it. What do I need to walk off? My honesty and stating that I don't think saying "damn kids" is necessary when it wasn't their fault? I don't really get why me being honest is taken in such a bad way. People really are sensitive these days. Oh well...

Soldato
Another that just doesn't get it. What do I need to walk off? My honesty and stating that I don't think saying "damn kids" is necessary when it wasn't their fault? I don't really get why me being honest is taken in such a bad way. People really are sensitive these days. Oh well...
i understand your gripe... it isnt the kids fault no but come on, why do you care? If anything you have been offended by the title and as a result felt the need to bring nothing constructive to the thread. Im ok with what you said and in a way you are not wrong but there just isnt a need for it.

When i get woken up by my 10 month old at 3am i actually think "dam kids". Its not his fault and i was the one who decided to have him but that doesnt stop me thinking it at that moment in time. Anyway, we will end up in some kind of keyboard warrior flame war soon so ill bow out now after ensuring my point has also been put across. No offence :)

Last edited:
Soldato
i understand your gripe... it isnt the kids fault no but come on, why do you care? If anything you have been offended by the title and as a result felt the need to bring nothing constructive to the thread. Im ok with what you said and in a way you are not wrong but there just isnt a need for it.

When i get woken up by my 10 month old at 3am i actually think "dame kids". Its not his fault and i was the one who decided to have him but that doesnt stop me thinking it at that moment in time. Anyway, we will end up in some kind of keyboard warrior flame war soon so ill bow out now after ensuring my point has also been put across. No offence :)

Nope, no keyboard flaming here, I was just intrigued to hear why you took issue with what I said. I see your point and I get it completely. From my side, I see stuff like this all the time (heck, I've been on the receiving end of it myself when the parental controls somehow changed after an Amazon Fire box update and my littlest managed to purchase a movie and some TV shows), where someone ends up with a huge bill for stuff and inevitably the child gets blamed for it. The reality of it is that the child has no idea what they're pressing / clicking on and have no idea of the repercussions, and these systems usually have parental controls in place. Reading the initial post, it's sad that it's happened and I do feel sorry for his sister, but what has happened has nothing to do with the child, unless they're old enough to know better :)

Caporegime
I'd assume Microsoft will advise you it's not their fault and that the supplied parental controls should be used to prevent any future purchases by the child.

Caporegime
Hey folks,

Writing on behalf of my sister as she doesnt have an account on here.

Basically my 9 year old nephew's run up over £200 worth of charges on his XBox and she's panicking about it and is trying to find a phone number to call them up and try and get things sorted out.

I've had a quick search and couldnt see anything so was wondering if anyone had any info on this type of thing or ideally a phone number she can call.

The info I've been given is short and sweet something about repeated £9 charges to do with Roblox.

Any info or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rik

Get a new sister with an IQ above 30

Soldato
Hey folks,

Writing on behalf of my sister as she doesnt have an account on here.

Basically my 9 year old nephew's run up over £200 worth of charges on his XBox and she's panicking about it and is trying to find a phone number to call them up and try and get things sorted out.

I've had a quick search and couldnt see anything so was wondering if anyone had any info on this type of thing or ideally a phone number she can call.

The info I've been given is short and sweet something about repeated £9 charges to do with Roblox.

Any info or help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Rik

Get her to write to the Daily Fail's money thing - seen no end of stories like this, and they seem to end up getting refunds sorted.

Soldato
It's 50/50 the kid should know not to do it also your sister really is better not leaving card details on there or leat making it secure so if trys to purchase something has to type a password.

What I did on my ps4 every purchase requires auth card details or not

Caporegime
Like I said it's ultimately the parents responsiblity to set up the parental controls both for payments, adult games and language filters etc. If Microsoft waver the fee I'd consider it lucky because if they did it as a policy you'd have every unscrupulous Tom, Dick and Harry going on spending sprees and then complaining to Microsoft that they were purchased by their children.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Get her to write to the Daily Fail's money thing - seen no end of stories like this, and they seem to end up getting refunds sorted.

Does she look scummy AF and does she do a good "sad" face for their pictures. Both of these are essential for a good DM article.

Back
Top Bottom