Conti Sport Contact 5

Man of Honour
What are these like a sports tyre, with a view of a few trackdays a year?

Found a cheap set brand new for £340 all round, I must admit I'm tempted to get them for the ATR.

Soldato
I had 2 fitted to the front of the Honda Accord this morning to replace 2 Yokohamas following great reviews on here and the Internet generally. I have only done a couple of hundred miles in them to far to hard to tell acuurately but so far. The ones I had fitted are 225/45/18 95Y XL

Positives
- Improved MPG from 42 to 44 on a like-for-like journey
- Improved ride quality
- Significant decrease in road noise, to the point that I hear the rear tyres more from the driving seat
- Level of grip and turn in seems better in the corners
- Alloy wheel protection seems better than the Yokohamas, but not as good as the Bridgestone RE050A

Negatives
- Feedback is less, however this may be due to going from 1.6mm of tread to 8mm
- Cost me £370 all in for 2 tyres, fitting and laser alignment.
- Had to order them online for delivery to a garage to fit as availability seems poor.

Finally, before I get criticised generally: I appreciate that fitting Conti 5s to an Accord when I do 30k miles a year is probably overkill, however I had no intention on skimping on the only thing connecting me to the road.

May I ask where you are able to get 4 for that price, or is it a one off?

Man of Honour
OP
One off on the ATR forum. I was going to order some RE050A's then spotted the Conti's for sale. They are a tyre cheaper than 4 RE050A's hence I'm thinking about going for them.

Soldato
Finally, before I get criticised generally: I appreciate that fitting Conti 5s to an Accord when I do 30k miles a year is probably overkill, however I had no intention on skimping on the only thing connecting me to the road.

This is one place you will never EVER hear someone complaining at someone buying tyres that are too good. At least I hope not :p

Caporegime
Why are they for sale? Are they new?

After the disastrous mix of AD08's at the front and RE050A's at the rear I'd just get the RE050A's all round :D Conti's belong on big heavy cars for absorbing the bumps on the slip road to the M4, not the ATR's natural territory :p

Man of Honour

After the disastrous mix of AD08's at the front and RE050A's at the rear I'd just get the RE050A's all round :D Conti's belong on big heavy cars for absorbing the bumps on the slip road to the M4, not the ATR's natural territory :p

It's a Honda Accord not a Caterham Superlight, it weighs a similar amount to a Mondeo of the same era :p £340 sounds like a pretty good price for a full set of CS5's!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP

They are brand new with the stickers on still.

No idea why he's selling them.

Back
Top Bottom