• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Controlling and monitoring fan speeds

Associate
Which is the best app for the 3060Ti FE ?
I currently use MSI afterburner however I can't manually change the fan speed it has to be automatically on with a fan curve

Does this curve look about right ?
It's pretty much silent until it gets past 60c

Last edited:
Permabanned
I assume it will be updated to work, you could try Argus Monitor, it is not free but the trial will be fully working.

Are you on AB Beta 4.63 Beta 4 (the latest) with RTSS 7.3.0 Beta 9 (the latest)?

Associate
OP
I assume it will be updated to work, you could try Argus Monitor, it is not free but the trial will be fully working.

Are you on AB Beta 4.63 Beta 4 (the latest) with RTSS 7.3.0 Beta 9 (the latest)?

It's on 4.61

I got concerned because I loaded up a game and the fan's weren't spinning at all, until I put it on " Auto " mode at which point they both started spinning

Associate
OP
Well those cards are too new to be in that build, try latest and it may work.

Is the beta stable though ?

Not to worry, I've figured out how afterburner works. Just got worried my fans weren't spinning until I opened the app and set it to auto

Associate

Another vote for Argus Monitor here. I looked for a long time in vain to find something free that can do what it does, ended up buying it since I couldn't find anything.

In theory SpeedFan can do the same sort of thing, but I never seem to have any luck getting it to control my hardware.

Argus Monitor, I have it set to control GPU fan, case fans and even CPU fan (since my CPU AIO cooler exhausts air from the case) all linked to GPU temperature on a curve.

Case fans are turned off entirely when the GPU is below 45 C, which means they only spin when gaming. Shame it's commercial, but it's worth the money.

Permabanned
Which is the best app for the 3060Ti FE ?
I currently use MSI afterburner however I can't manually change the fan speed it has to be automatically on with a fan curve

Does this curve look about right ?
It's pretty much silent until it gets past 60c

Why cant you manually change the fan speed? Just take it off auto and set whatever speed you want?

Back
Top Bottom