1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Controlling clocks with 4 GPUs

Discussion in 'Crypto Currency & Mining' started by Telecaster, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Telecaster

Mobster

I might be asking a dumb question, but having never played with more tha one GPU per system, how does one go ab out altering individual clocks/TDPs when using multiple cards (4x 1070s in this case) ??

Afterburner only lets me set one, the others seem to just boost as much as they can, so how do I control them all?

2. Biffa

Man of Honour

There is a dropdown list in Afterburner for each GPU, just make sure you don't have it set to copy the settings to all GPU#s that are the same type.

3. Telecaster

Mobster

Thanks, I had seen that but it doesn't do anything, wonder if I need to try a different version or something. Do they have to be connected with SLI bridges for afterburner to control them or is that just for gaming?

4. Biffa

Man of Honour

No, no SLI needed. You should do a screenshot, and always use the latest version of Afterburner.

You just switch to the GPU you want to control, change the clocks, hit apply, and save it to a profile for that GPU. Then move on to the next one. Set Afterburner to start with Windows, and do a reboot and check its all set correctly.

5. Telecaster

Mobster

Ok cheers I'll give it another go and see how I get on. I thought I'd done that, I set GPU 1 fine but when I tried setting GPU2 it didn't alter anything and it just boosted as per usual.

6. Telecaster

Mobster

Ok so it seems to work ok'ish. For some reason the TDP % doesn't make sense after the 1st GPU.

GPU 1 set to 75% TDP = 75% TDP under load near enough.
    GPU2 I have to set to 60% TDP to get 75%.
    GPU3 I have to set at 55% TDP to get 75%.

But all seems ok anyway.