Convertible Protectant/Waterproofing

Caporegime
I am after some protectant for my S2000 roof. Want something to make the water bead off it.

Anyone know of some good stuff that is easy to find. 303 protectant has been recommended but its over £25 a bottle, bit expensive.

Associate
303 is a great product and worth the money in the long term probley the best rated

theres also RaggTopp Fabric Convertible Top Care Kit this has some good reviews also comes with a cleaner

and then theres Renovo products dont know much about these sorry

Don
I used 303, works great and was worth the extra, I tried some other tosh from halfrauds that was toilet.

I Might be needing some 303 again in the not too distant future ;)

Caporegime
OP
Will Gill said:
I used 303, works great and was worth the extra, I tried some other tosh from halfrauds that was toilet.

I Might be needing some 303 again in the not too distant future ;)

Did it make it go a nice deep black too?

Don
Simon said:
Did it make it go a nice deep black too?

yeah it did, but that didnt last, it went back to very slightly faded black after it dried although it looked cool with mad droplets of water on it, hard to explain really without piccies :p

Associate
The thing that seems to get rave reviews over on the boxster forums, tends to be the 3M Scotchgaurd spray. Its the green bottle that is used on tents and stuff.

I use it myself, one bottle is about a fiver, and it will do the hood twice. It really does help the water to bead off nicely.

R

Mehul

PS Here is a small pic, sorry only one I could find
thn_80054.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
MehulLakhani said:
The thing that seems to get rave reviews over on the boxster forums, tends to be the 3M Scotchgaurd spray. Its the green bottle that is used on tents and stuff.

I use it myself, one bottle is about a fiver, and it will do the hood twice. It really does help the water to bead off nicely.

R

Mehul

PS Here is a small pic, sorry only one I could find
thn_80054.jpg

Thanks very much

Ill try some camping shops then. Want to try reduce the misting up when it rains. Does it blacken the roof too?

Associate
I've bought a bunch of raggtop, but I need a convertible first.... hehe

I need something to waterproof the carpets too, was thinking of getting scotchguard for that.

Soldato
I just bought a full kit from the auction site which was recommended on one of my other hairdressers forums. It's branded Jaguar but apparently it's same as the Renovo kit, cost about £14. There should be plenty to do both the MGF and Elise so I'll let you know how it goes.

Caporegime
OP
Del Lardo said:
What does treating the roof actually achieve? I ask as I've never treated mine and am wondering if I should.

Stops it fading as it protects from UV light damage. Also it stops water soaking into the material.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
eidolon said:
This is why the Elise isn't a hairdressers car, you can't even fit a tub of gel in the boot whereas you can get the contents of a Toni and Guy salon in the boot of an MGF, it's massive in comparison

You should check the boot on a mk3 MR2! At least the Elise has a boot.

Back
Top Bottom