1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooking Neapolitan Pizzas with the Uuni 3

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by Loki, 12 Jan 2019.

1. randomshenans

Capodecina

Got my dough ready for tonight! I'm not normally the dough maker and shaper so it's always fun trying not to ruin it

2. jpaul

Capodecina

you've got no excuse in France for toppings lots of saucisson, cheeses (hadn't seen sliced raclette until the other week) whilst w'ere stuck behind self-imposed Brexit walls.

3. jpaul

Capodecina

4. Snookums

Mobster

Broke my pizza stone over the weekend so now its finally time to get an ooni, just ordered a Frya and 20kg of pellets so hopefully should arrive this week at some point.

Any tips for using these?

5. nine_tails

Hitman

Those are great.... i squeeze some excess water out before adding it to the base.

6. jpaul

Capodecina

Had my bank card ready this morning but the tomatoes shelf in waitrose is still suffering from delivery problems

nice video on mozzarella https://youtu.be/8Dq6r0mQIvA
    courtesy of https://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php?topic=66524.0 looks a good series of videos
    after seeing some of the pizza boys series using fiordilatte had been wondering where to get some.

7. gailjon

Hitman

Was it a handy, "Oops, I've just accidentally dropped this lump hammer onto the pizza stone dear. I will now go and order the suddenly necessary Ooni," moment?

8. chroniclard

Capodecina

The mozzarella video is basically chop it up and put it on a pizza. :cry:

9. Snookums

Mobster

Between you and I... Yes. The missus on the other hand, it really strangely just broke and I have no idea what happened.

I have had it a coming up 2 weeks now and it's incredible. Only used it once but will be using it again later this week. Damn does it get hot! First few where burned but nailed it since. gonna try some cold prove some dough this week. Would 100% recommend.

10. RockLobster

Wise Guy

There is a bit more to the 8 minute video. Put in the fridge 24 hours beforehand oh and don’t cut too thick or thin.:cry:

11. jpaul

Capodecina

you watched it all ? the idea that the moisture is higher at the edges, so cutting it to uniformly distribute that, was new to me ...
    all the moz I buy is too wet to subject it to aggressive knife cuts like he does ... or maybe he's a samurai.

yesterday was a red letter day Waitrose finally had Mutti in stock - 3 week wait.

12. chroniclard

Capodecina

No, I didn't watch it all, was too long:p. I chop thin and don't use a ton, seems fine. :)