Cooking with King Codec: Berrylicious Cheesecake

Permabanned
Ok guys I'll be making this cheesecake again tonight and as I didn't take pictures during the process - here are some of the results:

6174_120489984636_514654636_2170943_1850460_n.jpg

6174_120489969636_514654636_2170942_4078181_n.jpg

Serves: 10 People
INGREDIENTS
Sauce
500 g of strawberries
150 g of blackberries
150 g of blueberries
150 g of raspberries
8 g cornstarch
[/B]

Cheese Cake
500 g of strawberries
105 g graham cracker crumbs (Can use regular cheesecake mix)
50 g sugar
75 g butter or margarine, melted
568 g frozen sweetened mixed berries, thawed
8 g cornstarch
672 g cream cheese, softened
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
60 ml lemon juice
3 eggs
15 ml water

DIRECTIONS
Sauce
1. Combine berries (save some for decoration!) with cornstarch in a blender and process
2. with a very fine siv pour sauce through into a bowl pressing with a spoon
3. put to boil and boil for 2 minutes
4. tip into container (this stuff keeps for a while! :) )

Cheesecake
1. Combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl.
2. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in springform pan.
3. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

4. In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth.
5. Pour [step 4] into a saucepan; bring to a boil - Boil and stir for 2 minutes. 6. Set aside 1/3 cup strawberry sauce; cool.
7. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.

7. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
8. Gradually beat in milk.
9. Add lemon juice mixing well.
10. Add eggs, beat on low just until combined.

11. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust (that you put in the fridge).
12. Drop half of the reserved strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer.
13. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce. Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top.
14. With a knife, cut through top layer only (drag it along and make patterns) to swirl strawberry sauce.
15. Bake at 300 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until centre is almost set. 16. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.

The longer you refrigerate the better. Enjoy your cheesecake!!! (Will post pics later)

Last edited:
Soldato
Do we really have to weigh all the random amounts? 105g crackers.. 672g cream cheese? If the recipe cam in ounces leave it as such:)

graham crackers are square digestives by the way :)

Permabanned
OP
Do we really have to weigh all the random amounts? 105g crackers.. 672g cream cheese? If the recipe cam in ounces leave it as such:)

graham crackers are square digestives by the way :)

the tubs of cream cheese come in gram weights, its easier for you to do it this way - I used a cooking scale to get to those weights. its not that hard to get to those measurements.

yes they are digestives but I don't want to give people the impression of buying biscuit crumbs. I used graham cracker crumbs and thought they were so nice I would recommend.

Sorry I forgot to say how many people it feeds - 10 people, its pretty big.

and there wasn't enough sauce if I'm honest - the sauce was definitely a great accompaniment and we always found ourselves going for more.

Man of Honour
Great looking cheese cake.
And nothing wrong with huge cheese cakes. Wish I took a pic of my strawberries and white choc one. That was a huge beast as well.

Soldato
Chefs would cry at how much sauce you've used to 'decorate' the plate.

Well the typical "drizzle" of sauce is usually pathetic. Most "chef" meals are overpriced, with very little to speak of on the plate, and you end up paying for presentation which is usually a very standardised, unoriginal way of presenting food.

Permabanned
OP
Well the typical "drizzle" of sauce is usually pathetic. Most "chef" meals are overpriced, with very little to speak of on the plate, and you end up paying for presentation which is usually a very standardised, unoriginal way of presenting food.

Do you like my heart with an arrow through it in the top pic? the arrow tip is a strawberry and the feathers are blueberries, I like that.

Soldato
I like the look of the whole plate. The actual cake looks like it would be very staisfying and I bet you won serious brownie points with that presentation. My wife would (or will, when I get the ingredients) love it.

Thread saved as my anniversary is fast approaching. I'm taking her out for a meal but the home-made thought/effort will go a long way. ;)

Soldato
Buying all those ingredients wouldn't come in cheap. I priced up a cheescake recipe in the latest Asda mag and it wasn't worth the expense. Looks good, but not good if you're on a budget.

AGD

AGD

Soldato
/masterchef
codec has shown real potential here. His flavour combinations and technique are spot on. What worries me is his presentational skill, there's too much on the plate. This is not fine dining. If he can get the look of his dish right, he could go all the way.

/fat guy
laavvlie

Back
Top Bottom