Cooler backplate holes not lining up on new Motherboard

Associate
Has anyone had this before?
Im just in the middle of putting together a new pc and have come across this problem.

Im using a be quiet! Silent Loop 2 360 Cooler and a MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk WIFI DDR4 - Intel Z690 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

But the holes in the backplate are not lining up exactly. Its only just out, but enough for the screws to not go in and sit properly.

Ive made sure Im using the correct holes/screws/plates etc, and have even gone onto the Bequiet website to check.

The problem is, I dont know what's out, the board or the backplate.

Any suggestions?

Associate
OP
Quick update,
Just been on the phone to OC, the stock they have is older stock that doesn't have the new 1700 backplate in.:rolleyes:
Need to take it all out and send it back for an up to date version.

Associate
OP
I did ask if I could just send the backplate back and swap that, but the whole lot has to go back.
Bit annoying, but there you go, a day holiday wasted

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I may be missing something here but that backplate looks to have elongated slots to move the mounting bolts for different sockets and looks like the bolts only need to move a little to make it fit. Are the bolts tight or something? The backplate for my Alphacool block is similar and easily adjusted to fit socket 1700 even though I bought the block a few years before this socket launched.

Associate
OP
I did think that as well, but if you take a look at the backplate I got from OC's older stock Here and the one from the Bequiet website Here you can see the newer version comes with a more rectangular hole in the middle as well as a couple of extra brackets.
Also noticed on the box mine didn't say 1700 compatible, whereas the newer version has the modified back to enable this
Its just a shame they couldn't post the bracket and plate out instead of the whole lot having to go back.

Back
Top Bottom