Cooler for Corsair Carbide Air 240 case

Associate
Hello there, just after a few recommendations for a cooler as my Corsair H80GT AIO pump has failed.

I'm running a 4670k @ 4.4GHz

I'm wondering if its better to keep it safe and go for an air cooler but i can only fit a cooler that is 120mm high or to go with a 240mm AIO.

Does anyone have this case or any ideas on a good cooler for it.

Many thanks for your help.

Associate
OP
Rear fan positions are for pre-Y2K 80mm size, so highly unlikely to fit even that small heatsink.
Corsair completely BSes with that "Air" in name.

Looks like its another AIO cooler for me again. Got the system running on a standard cooler with standard clocks.

Want to fit a 240mm one but there is so many to chose from!

Soldato
Cryorig H7 says it's 145mm high but I'm pretty sure it'll fit. Alternatively, maybe the Gen6 Asetek coolers - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...-liquid-cooling-upgrade-bundle-bu-0d5-tl.html
Maybe, but I've never seen a case CPU cooler spec. that was 20mm less than actual clearance.

Eisbaer 240 is not another CLC. It is an AIO with threaded fittings, copper radiator, a fill port for topping up coolant and changing coolant after a year or so. Keep in mind the hoses coming out of pump have to turn 90 degrees so it will be still be a close fit over CPU. You could change the fittings on pump to right angle fittings, but not sure you want to be doing that to a new AIO before using it.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Maybe, but I've never seen a case CPU cooler spec. that was 20mm less than actual clearance.

Eisbaer 240 is not another CLC. It is an AIO with threaded fittings, copper radiator, a fill port for topping up coolant and changing coolant after a year or so. Keep in mind the hoses coming out of pump have to turn 90 degrees so it will be still be a close fit over CPU. You could change the fittings on pump to right angle fittings, but not sure you want to be doing that to a new AIO before using it.

Appreciate your input doyll but let's not go down the whole CLC/AIO discussion again. It's very tiring.

Permabanned
Hello there, just after a few recommendations for a cooler as my Corsair H80GT AIO pump has failed.

I'm running a 4670k @ 4.4GHz

I'm wondering if its better to keep it safe and go for an air cooler but i can only fit a cooler that is 120mm high or to go with a 240mm AIO.

Does anyone have this case or any ideas on a good cooler for it.

Many thanks for your help.

I'd grab another aio if I was you, I no longer use that case but I tried it with a low profile Noctua cooler (as you can see in the pic) and it drove me mad as it seemed that at idle it was in and out of the temp limit so I could hear the fan going up and down constantly,

I briefly used a Corsair GTX 100i AIO but I didn't like how tight the fit was for my 240mm rads piping so after briefly using to a 2700x with it's stock cooler in the 240 case I moved back in to my old case to go with a larger motherboard.

FSObWAjh.jpg

I'm not sure which of the coolers below came free with my 2700x but the pic above is from when I had a 1600x in it, When I first got my 2700x I used the RGB AMD cooler that came with the cpu & that worked well in the case so look for something similar in size for your Intel cpu if you don't want to go AIO, not something as small as in the pic, that was a waste of £40.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £69.97 (includes shipping: £0.00)

Last edited:
Soldato
Appreciate your input doyll but let's not go down the whole CLC/AIO discussion again. It's very tiring.
Didn't post it for your benefit. Posted it for it1uk. You know, the OP of this thread and who asked about using Eisbaer 240. :p

Soldato
Thanks for your input guys.

Im going to go with a 240mm AIO cooler. Should be a bit of an upgrade from the 120mm i had before.
Have you looked at the be quiet! Silent Loop? It's the only other AIO (except Swiftech) that I know of. I've been using their 280 every sence they came out. I did top up coolant after about 6 months and changed coolant after about 14 months. It's due for another coolant change in next few months. Their pump housing assembly is not as tall as Eisbaer, but cost a little more than Eisbaer with 240 being £129.99.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-quiet-silent-loop-superior-liquid-cpu-cooler-240mm-hs-015-bq.html

OcUK has a couple 'B' grade one (new returns) for £99.95.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-gr...perior-liquid-cpu-cooler-240mm-bg-10g-bq.html

Associate
OP
Have you looked at the be quiet! Silent Loop? It's the only other AIO (except Swiftech) that I know of. I've been using their 280 every sence they came out. I did top up coolant after about 6 months and changed coolant after about 14 months. It's due for another coolant change in next few months. Their pump housing assembly is not as tall as Eisbaer, but cost a little more than Eisbaer with 240 being £129.99.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/be-quiet-silent-loop-superior-liquid-cpu-cooler-240mm-hs-015-bq.html

OcUK has a couple 'B' grade one (new returns) for £99.95.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/b-gr...perior-liquid-cpu-cooler-240mm-bg-10g-bq.html

I will have a look at the Be Quiet unit and get something ordered up in the next couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom