Cooler Master NovaTouch TKL Topre UK Tour

Associate
He's permabanned.

+2

Such a pity it came to this. I loved the community spirit that was being shown. Future projects like this will probably be impossible without contracts to make someone pay for the merchandise if it goes missing.

Applicants could required to submit registered post receipts on shipment and have forum accounts linked to active shop accounts with up to date and valid payment details stored online.

Associate
+2

Such a pity it came to this. I loved the community spirit that was being shown. Future projects like this will probably be impossible without contracts to make someone pay for the merchandise if it goes missing.

Applicants could required to submit registered post receipts on shipment and have forum accounts linked to active shop accounts with up to date and valid payment details stored online.

Yeah, seems there will need to be some sort of signed agreement next time. This is a great way to get products out there to the community and get some opinions from general user's.

I for one really enjoyed it and everything was moving along great in the beginning. Was really lots of fun and hope that OcUK will still consider doing things like this in the future.

Associate
Yeah, seems there will need to be some sort of signed agreement next time. This is a great way to get products out there to the community and get some opinions from general user's.

I for one really enjoyed it and everything was moving along great in the beginning. Was really lots of fun and hope that OcUK will still consider doing things like this in the future.

Well the Geekhack forums often does community tours with post number and length of membership as the criteria. But OCUK being a retailer couldn't this problem be remedied by making sure product tour participants have a their online shop account (with card details) linked with their forum profile?

I don't think a forum permaban is fair enough :( This sets precedent for other users as they will see how easy it is to disappear with a product, an expensive one while at it.

Associate
Exactly. Your forum account must be linked to your shop account with up to date and valid payment details and you must sign a consent form to allow the debit from your account if the product goes missing and you cannot produce a registered post receipt to prove you shipped it. Or something like that. It's a pity it has to be so messy.

Associate
OP
I've Emailed my contact at CM asking them to have a look into it all. Will see what comes from it.

Best I can do unfortunately at the moment.

Same guy who runs the social media. Response will be the same as it was a project I started and was in charge of. However, some things have changed....

Associate
Same guy who runs the social media. Response will be the same as it was a project I started and was in charge of. However, some things have changed....

He said he will be in contact with you to try and sort it out. You should just pick a winner and send him the address and a bill for services rendered after moving on from the company :D

Either way, I know it sucks for the last guy who didn't even get a chance to have Toby visit, but one of the others should still receive one. Just my 2p anyways ;)

Associate
Sorry I missed this would have liked to try that keyboard out. Perhaps in the future you could do a charge and return deal, if you charge say 1/2 the cost before dispatch, if it doesn't get sent on charge the rest, if it does get sent on then refund the charge. Would give a bit of cover to you guys.

Back
Top Bottom