Cooling advice please

Associate
Hi, I'm looking at a ryzen water cooled pc. On the custom configurator I'm confused as to what to select. I want both the CPU and the GPU to be water cooled as I'm fed up with the amount of noise my GPU makes when under stress and want to minimise that.

There are a lot of options and I'm getting befuddled..
Can anyone advise me of what combination of options do I need to have?
1. A combo kit and a normal GPU
2. A normal CPU water cooling kit and a specific water-cooled GPU
3. A combo kit and a specific water-cooled GPU?

Thank you!

Soldato
Unfortunatly that option is an expensive one. Not knowing your case or gpu this is a rough idea for a custom loop. It can be done with a pair of aio but the gpu cooling with an aio always seems a bit ghetto IMHO.

ryzen cpu block £40+
gpu water block £100+
triple radiator £50+
3 high static pressure fans £18+
pump £50+
reservoir £40+
soft tubing 2 meters £5-£15 depending upon size, colour and brand.
minimum 8 fittings of your choice £2 for standard barb fittings or £4 each for compression fittings.
probably some 45 or 90 degree elbows to help wiith tube routing.

Roughly like this

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x Online Water Cooling Configurator - ONLINE ONLY = £367.78
    • CPU Block:EK Water Blocks EK-Velocity AMD CPU Water Block - Nickel + Plexi
    • Single Radiator:Unwanted
    • Triple Radiator:EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream PE Classic 360 (Triple Fan) Radiator
    • Reservoir:Unwanted
    • Pump:Unwanted
    • Dual Radiator:Unwanted
    • Compression Fittings:8xEK Water Blocks EK-Torque STC 12/16mm Soft Tubing Compression Fitting - Black
    • Quad Radiator :Unwanted
    • Fluid:Unwanted
    • Fans:Unwanted
    • Tubing:XSPC FLX Tubing 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD, (16/11mm) - 2m Clear
    • Pump/Reservoir:EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB Pump / Reservoir Combo - Acetal
    • Hard Line Fittings:Unwanted
    • Acrylic Tubing:Unwanted
  • 3 x Arctic Cooling P12 PWM PST Black Fan - 120mm= £5.95
Total: £396.13 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Associate
OP
Unfortunatly that option is an expensive one. Not knowing your case or gpu this is a rough idea for a custom loop. It can be done with a pair of aio but the gpu cooling with an aio always seems a bit ghetto IMHO.

ryzen cpu block £40+
gpu water block £100+
triple radiator £50+
3 high static pressure fans £18+
pump £50+
reservoir £40+
soft tubing 2 meters £5-£15 depending upon size, colour and brand.
minimum 8 fittings of your choice £2 for standard barb fittings or £4 each for compression fittings.
probably some 45 or 90 degree elbows to help wiith tube routing.

Roughly like this

My basket at Overclockers UK:
  • 1 x Online Water Cooling Configurator - ONLINE ONLY = £367.78
    • CPU Block:EK Water Blocks EK-Velocity AMD CPU Water Block - Nickel + Plexi
    • Single Radiator:Unwanted
    • Triple Radiator:EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream PE Classic 360 (Triple Fan) Radiator
    • Reservoir:Unwanted
    • Pump:Unwanted
    • Dual Radiator:Unwanted
    • Compression Fittings:8xEK Water Blocks EK-Torque STC 12/16mm Soft Tubing Compression Fitting - Black
    • Quad Radiator :Unwanted
    • Fluid:Unwanted
    • Fans:Unwanted
    • Tubing:XSPC FLX Tubing 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD, (16/11mm) - 2m Clear
    • Pump/Reservoir:EK Water Blocks EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 200 D5 PWM D-RGB Pump / Reservoir Combo - Acetal
    • Hard Line Fittings:Unwanted
    • Acrylic Tubing:Unwanted
  • 3 x Arctic Cooling P12 PWM PST Black Fan - 120mm= £5.95
Total: £396.13 (includes shipping: £10.50)
Thanks for taking the time to respond. What I really need to understand is what combination i have to use on their water cooled system configurator:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-tech-labs-watercooled-amd-x570-ryzen-pro-gaming-configurator-fs-01c-tl.html#p=bNFi3@@@bNFq3@:VbNFr3@?4bNFt3@?vbNFA3@/2bNFC3@/-bNSd3:W~bNSe3:X2bNSf3:XwbNSg3:Y'bNSh3:YwbNSi3:Z2bNSj3:Z;bNSk3:Z(bNSl3:ZZbNSm3:#9bNSn3:#@bNSo3:#:bNSp3:#ybNSr3?0'bNSs3?0UbNSt3?1_bNSA3?21bNSB3?2*bNSC3?2!bNSD3?3;bQtP3z1z
Is the quote I have, the options aren't the same as the ones you have pasted above. I just need to know the principle of what types of things I need to select in order to ensure that I'm getting a watercooled CPU & GPU. I', assuming its a combo CPU cooler + a water cooled GPU?

Thanks,

Man of Honour
Thanks for taking the time to respond. What I really need to understand is what combination i have to use on their water cooled system configurator:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-tech-labs-watercooled-amd-x570-ryzen-pro-gaming-configurator-fs-01c-tl.html#p=bNFi3@@@bNFq3@:VbNFr3@?4bNFt3@?vbNFA3@/2bNFC3@/-bNSd3:W~bNSe3:X2bNSf3:XwbNSg3:Y'bNSh3:YwbNSi3:Z2bNSj3:Z;bNSk3:Z(bNSl3:ZZbNSm3:#9bNSn3:#@bNSo3:#:bNSp3:#ybNSr3?0'bNSs3?0UbNSt3?1_bNSA3?21bNSB3?2*bNSC3?2!bNSD3?3;bQtP3z1z
Is the quote I have, the options aren't the same as the ones you have pasted above. I just need to know the principle of what types of things I need to select in order to ensure that I'm getting a watercooled CPU & GPU. I', assuming its a combo CPU cooler + a water cooled GPU?

Thanks,

On that watercooled system you have linked there is no option to cool the gpu.

Soldato
On that watercooled system you have linked there is no option to cool the gpu.

He has actually picked a water cooled 3080 on it but its out of stock. Yes you need a combo kit and not an AIO to cool the gpu.

Not impressed with a 3K rig that you cant even have a ryzen 5600x or 5800x installed in!!!

Just go for a x570 tomahawk motherboard saving £90 unless you really need the extras the x570 unify has.
Also unless you have some more drives to go in there put at least a 1tb m.2 in there as a 500 gig will fill up in no time especially with todays game sizes.

Associate
OP
He has actually picked a water cooled 3080 on it but its out of stock. Yes you need a combo kit and not an AIO to cool the gpu.

Not impressed with a 3K rig that you cant even have a ryzen 5600x or 5800x installed in!!!

Just go for a x570 tomahawk motherboard saving £90 unless you really need the extras the x570 unify has.
Also unless you have some more drives to go in there put at least a 1tb m.2 in there as a 500 gig will fill up in no time especially with todays game sizes.
Thank you. I probably will check the cheaper mobo, stuff has been coming and going out of stock so im not hugely fussed. I just wanted to make sure it had multiple NVME slots. I have a 1tb NVME on my current PC that I will be moving across + 3 SATA SSDs, so I dont need a larger NVME drive as the main drive.

Im not fixed on ryzen looking at tom's hardware im leaning towards an i9 9900 now. I've got an old, overclocked watercooled i5 skylake and as of yet i have yet to find a game that is limited by the cpu before it reaches the limit of the GPU. It must be coming to the end of it's time though as its about 4-5 years old now.

It is expensive, it's mainly extending the watercooling to the GPU that seems to be doing that. I have a Zotac RTX2070 currently that makes a racket and runs hot even on some older games and I just don't want to hear that kind of noise whilst gaming. I have to hard throttle the FPS to 60 in the driver settings for all games to to reduce the noise (on those games which wouldn't trouble it), which whilst far from the end of the world, it is a bit annoying. Of course on newer or testing games like cyberpunk or total war there is no choice but to put up with the hairdryer under my desk.

Soldato
you could start by water blocking the zotac if you can find one over here.

Alphacool Eisblock Aurora GPX-N GPU Water Block for Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Zotac,

As long as yours is a non-super version.

The other parts you could find second hand. Rad/pump/reservoir and fittings.

Back
Top Bottom