Cooling and Fan options 3090 5800x3d

Iwf

Iwf

Associate
Your opinions around cooling and fan options, if you're able.

Rig Watercooled 3090fe, Watercooled MB/CPU, single loop, Lian Li Mini case (not the air version) Asus 570 crosshair MB. 360rad ( with 3*120 fans) at the bottom with fans set to intake. 280rad on the side, with 2* 140 fans set to intake, 120 rear case fan and 2x 140 fan at the top set to exhaust. Rads are the EK standard 23mm thickness.

With the room temp at 23C the coolant runs at 34, with the GPU at 36 and CPU at 39 at rest. Underload its 37, 53 and 62.

As mentioned elsewhere my 3090 FE isn't performing well, but I'm set to revisit paste and pads.

Two questions really.

Are the fans being used optimally, and would I gain much by swapping out the rads for thicker units. I theory I could swap out the 360 for a 420 if space allows.

Soldato
The way you have it setup appears optimal to me and you are getting decent temps. I have the same case and have an EK CoolStream PE360 on the bottom and the same radiator on the top, both set to intake with one Arctic P12 Slim at the rear for exhaust. I have a FLT240 reservoir on the side taking up that space which is why I have mine configured how I do. Current temps at idle are ambient/coolant/cpu/GPU 26/33/43/35. I have a 5900X with a 6900XT.

I guess for others to help, you need to clarify what you mean by "my 3090 FE isn't performing well". Your temps certainly seem okay so your card should be boosting as it'll have plenty thermal headroom, perhaps you're power limited?

Iwf

Iwf

Associate
OP
The way you have it setup appears optimal to me and you are getting decent temps. I have the same case and have an EK CoolStream PE360 on the bottom and the same radiator on the top, both set to intake with one Arctic P12 Slim at the rear for exhaust. I have a FLT240 reservoir on the side taking up that space which is why I have mine configured how I do. Current temps at idle are ambient/coolant/cpu/GPU 26/33/43/35. I have a 5900X with a 6900XT.

I guess for others to help, you need to clarify what you mean by "my 3090 FE isn't performing well". Your temps certainly seem okay so your card should be boosting as it'll have plenty thermal headroom, perhaps you're power limited?
Hi, thanks

re the 3090, i had issues with the EK block, and swapped it out for an old AlphaCool version. That gave much better results with 3dmark, but that's a different issue.

again thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom