• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Coolit omni alc, self contained GPU water cooler.

Soldato
Been reading of this self contained unit, similar to the Coolit Eco except it's for graphics cards.

youtube link here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzQZ7SLnHoo&feature=player_embedded

http://news.softpedia.com/news/CoolIT-Omni-ALC-Liquid-Cooler-Supports-GeForce-GTX-400-138580.shtml more info here

basically though the meat of it is:

You get to choose either a 120mm or 240mm rad, and when you change graphics cards you just change the plate.

Anybody else read about this yet? it sounds good, but obviously it would need to be quiet as well as being able to cool well. Thoughts?

Caporegime
I'm not too fussed with watercooling anymore, personally I don't see the point in internal watercooling, you have to deal with limited space, cramped and difficult installs and more things to fail inside the case. When I watercooled I always used huge rads externally, which meant a small amount of tubing in the case, not getting in the way, easy to install(in general) and half the things that can go wrong outside the case then you've got better air temps, room for as big and as many rads as you want, and can stick it all in a box if you want to.

The good bit is the pay once, then a "cheap" plate to upgrade to a new gpu. Unfortunately it seems to take SOO long to get a new gpu cooler out after the gpu's come out that if it was out 3 months after release, its not going to help during that time.

I'm tempted to get the prolimatech air cooler because its got the same promise of uber compatibility and new mounting plates for future cards, but I'm worried I'll just end up buying a 6850 on launch and the sink won't fit till 3 months later.

Soldato
Coolermaster made something like this once.

AQUAGATE%20DuoViva-1.jpg

http://www.hardwarezone.com/news/view.php?id=5483&cid=3

Associate
I remember viewing this but forgot about it.

To DM, the guys reckon the plates will be out within a week or so of new cards, maybe even before. Remains to be seen but makes sense given they should get card specs well in advance and its just a plate.

Deffinately interested in this, its what im looking for along with having H50 on the cpu, this pic from their site says it all really. want. though would need a new case :p that tubing wont be long enough a few big cases though (800D?)

omni_case.jpg

Soldato
These look like a brilliant idea. The performance will have to be up to scratch if they want the product to last several incarnations of graphics cards.

In addition to Barry explaining it in the OP, here is a video also from CES with the CEO, Geoff Lyon explaining a few products they had on display, including the Omni.

Associate
Any more news on this?

After getting the GTX 480 and seeing how high it can clock (albeit getting too hot and so fans get too loud), this product is really needed. Reckon I'll be able to get close to 900mhz clock with this and the voltage upped.

Barry? Still reading these forums?

Associate
Needs a bit more slack maybe?

Anyway i think if done right a 240mm size radiator should cool single or even x2 graphics cards well, it may struggle when cooling 2 separate cards though as they produce quite a bit of heat.

Apparently there will be a 120mm rad version for single cards and the 240mm is for xfire/sli.

Associate
Anyone know how reliable the CoolIT products are? I like the idea of these simple self contained units because i have a VERY small case where the PSU actually sits directly opposite the CPU (Lian-Li 600B) and i was thinking of getting one.

I still have a bunch of WC kit lying around from when i used to have a custom system back in the Barton 2500+ days, but i don't have the time or the inclination to buy a new case and start with all that stuff again.

Sorry for the slightly OT, i know this is about the GPU cooler, but just wondering if anyone knows how well these contained units last.

Associate
Any more news on this?

After getting the GTX 480 and seeing how high it can clock (albeit getting too hot and so fans get too loud), this product is really needed. Reckon I'll be able to get close to 900mhz clock with this and the voltage upped.

Barry? Still reading these forums?

I'm here my man... ever lurking ;)

There is going to be a big OMNI sneak preview done by a major UK site within 2 weeks, hopefully less. I suspect it will answer a lot of questions you all have :)

We're pushing hard to get small qty's rolling in the channel by Computex - first week of June.

Sorry for the wait guys - stay tuned!!

Back
Top Bottom